Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: WTA Race to Shenzen 2019

October 4, 2019

NAOMI OSAKA SECURES QUALIFICATION FOR SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN

Australian Open champion to make second consecutive appearance at the prestigious Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen
    Japanese star becomes fifth of eight players to qualify for the year-end event, joining Barty, Pliskova, Halep and Andreescu in Shenzhen

ST PETERSBURG, FL, USA - The WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) announced today that Naomi Osaka has qualified for the 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, set to take place from October 27 - November 3. She becomes the fifth of eight singles players to compete at the year-end event, joining Ashleigh Barty, Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep and Bianca Andreescu in Shenzhen, China for a record-breaking $14 million in prize money.

Naomi Osaka opened the 2019 season by etching her name into history as she lifted her second career Grand Slam title at the Australian Open. Having also triumphed at 2018 US Open, she became the 10th woman to secure back-to-back US Open and Australian Open crowns, catapulting her up the rankings and naming her the first player from Japan - man or woman - to hold the World No.1 position.

The Japanese star captured her second title of the season on home soil at the Toray Pan Pacific Open (Osaka) and reached the semifinal stage on three occasions at the Brisbane International, Porsche Tennis Grand Prix (Stuttgart) and the China Open (Beijing).

“I am very proud to have qualified for the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen for a second year,” said Osaka. “There is an amazing atmosphere at this event and to compete on this stage, with the top players of the season, is an honor and a challenge that I’m really looking forward to.”

The 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen marks Osaka’s second consecutive year qualifying for the season-ending event, making her the second-ever Japanese woman to qualify in consecutive years, and first in 25 years when Kimiko Date did so from 1994-96.

In 2015, Osaka competed and won the 2015 WTA Rising Stars Invitational as part of the WTA Finals, introducing fans to the next generation of women's tennis stars at the WTA's biggest event of the year. In the final, Osaka defeated Caroline Garcia on the same stage as the Top 8 singles and doubles players competed for the WTA Finals trophies.

The 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen features the world’s best players vying for a record-breaking US$14 million in prize money and two of the most prestigious titles in women’s tennis. The top 8 singles players and doubles teams on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen – which includes 53 WTA tournaments and four Grand Slams – will compete in a round-robin format with the singles champion lifting the Billie Jean King Trophy and the doubles champions earning the WTA Finals Martina Navratilova Trophy.

The winner of the Porsche Race to Shenzhen - the player who finishes in pole position leading into the WTA Finals - will not only seal a spot at the season-ending showpiece, but also be congratulated with a new Porsche. The Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard is updated each Monday (every two weeks during Grand Slams events) and can be found at www.ShiseidoWTAFinalsShenzhen.com.

Founded by Billie Jean King in 1973 on the principle of equal opportunity for women in sports, the WTA is the global leader in women’s professional sport with more than 1,800 players representing 85 nations competing for a record $179 million in prize money. In 2018, the WTA was watched by a record breaking global audience of 600 million. The 2019 WTA competitive season includes 55 events and four Grand Slams in 29 countries, culminating with the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, offering an unprecedented $14 million total prize purse and honoring the season’s top singles and doubles players. Further information on the WTA can be found at www.wtatennis.com.

October 6, 2019

PETRA KVITOVA, LATISHA CHAN / CHAN HAO-CHING AND SAMANTHA STOSUR / ZHANG SHUAI QUALIFY FOR SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN

2011 WTA Finals champion Kvitova to make her seventh appearance at Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen after winning two WTA titles this season
    The Chan sisters, four-time WTA doubles champions in 2019, are set to make their third team appearance at the year-end finale
    Australian Open doubles champions Stosur and Zhang book their debut qualification as a team at the WTA Finals

ST. PETERSBURG, FL, USA - The WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) announced today that Petra Kvitova and the doubles pairings of Latisha Chan / Chan Hao-Ching and Samantha Stosur / Zhang Shuai have qualified for the 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, set to take place from October 27 - November 3 for a record-breaking $14 million in prize money.

Kvitova becomes the sixth of eight singles players to clinch a spot at the year-end event, joining Ashleigh Barty, Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep, Bianca Andreescu and Naomi Osaka. The Chan sisters and Stosur / Zhang become the fifth and sixth doubles teams, respectively, to earn their spots in Shenzhen following Hsieh Su-Wei / Barbora Strycova, Elise Mertens / Aryna Sabalenka, Timea Babos / Kristina Mladenovic and Gabriela Dabrowski / Xu Yifan.

After a two-year break from their partnership, the Chan sisters started 2019 where they left off, beginning the season with a runner-up finish at the Brisbane International followed by a title sweep at the Hobart International. They went on to lift three more titles together this year, at the Qatar Total Open (Doha), Nature Valley International (Eastbourne) and the Toray Pan Pacific Open (Osaka), marking the first time the sisters have lifted four doubles titles in a single season as a team.

Stosur and Zhang are set to make their team debut at the WTA Finals following a standout season, highlighted by capturing their maiden Grand Slam doubles title as a pair at the Australian Open. The Australian-Chinese duo also advanced to the championship match at the Miami Open presented by Itaú and made the quarterfinals at the Mutua Madrid Open, Internazionali BNL d’Italia (Rome) and Roland Garros to help secure their spot in Shenzhen.

“I’m very happy to return to the WTA Finals after quite some time,” said Stosur. “I have great memories from this event, in singles and doubles, and I’m looking forward to competing in Shenzhen with my good friend Shuai.”

The 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen features the world’s best players vying for a record-breaking US$14 million in prize money and two of the most prestigious titles in women’s tennis. The Top 8 singles players and doubles teams on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen – which includes 52 WTA tournaments and four Grand Slams – will compete in a round-robin format with the singles champion lifting the Billie Jean King Trophy and the doubles champions earning the WTA Finals Martina Navratilova Trophy.

The winner of the Porsche Race to Shenzhen - the singles player who finishes in pole position leading into the WTA Finals - will not only seal a spot at the season-ending showpiece, but also be congratulated with a new Porsche. The Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard is updated each Monday (every two weeks during Grand Slams events) and can be found at www.ShiseidoWTAFinalsShenzhen.com.

Founded by Billie Jean King in 1973 on the principle of equal opportunity for women in sports, the WTA is the global leader in women’s professional sport with more than 1,800 players representing 85 nations competing for a record $179 million in prize money. In 2018, the WTA was watched by a record breaking global audience of 600 million. The 2019 WTA competitive season includes 54 events and four Grand Slams in 29 countries, culminating with the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, offering an unprecedented $14 million total prize purse and honoring the season’s top singles and doubles players. Further information on the WTA can be found at www.wtatennis.com.

October 7, 2019
    TWO QUALIFYING SPOTS REMAIN IN FINAL LAPS OF PORSCHE RACE TO SHENZHEN

China Open (Beijing) champion Naomi Osaka, who secured her place at the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen last week, jumps two spots on this week's Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard to No.3.

Reigning WTA Finals champion Elina Svitolina improves to No.7 on the Leaderboard, while Kiki Bertens reaches No.9 following their quarterfinal and semifinal runs in Beijing, respectively. With two qualifying spots remaining, Svitolina, Bertens, Belinda Bencic and Serena Williams will aim to book their tickets to the year-end finale as the WTA enters the final laps on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen.

Following Beijing, Samantha Stosur and Zhang Shuai move to the No.6 position on the Doubles Leaderboard, becoming the sixth of eight doubles teams to earn their spot in Shenzhen.

Beijing represents lap number 52 out of 56 total (a reference to qualifying tournaments leading into the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen). The Top 8 singles players and doubles teams of 2019 will secure their spot at the Shiseido WTA Finals in Shenzhen, China, taking place from October 27 - November 3, 2019.

The singles player who finishes the regular season in pole position on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard will be congratulated with a new Porsche.

Founded by Billie Jean King in 1973 on the principle of equal opportunity for women in sports, the WTA is the global leader in women’s professional sport with more than 1,800 players representing 85 nations competing for a record $179 million in prize money. In 2018, the WTA was watched by a record breaking global audience of 600 million. The 2019 WTA competitive season includes 54 events and four Grand Slams in 29 countries, culminating with the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, offering an unprecedented $14 million total prize purse and honoring the season’s top singles and doubles players. Further information on the WTA can be found at www.wtatennis.com.

October 7, 2019
    NEW HALL OF FAMER MARY PIERCE JOINS ESTEEMED GROUP OF LEGEND AMBASSADORS AT INAUGURAL SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN

Former World No.3, a two-time finalist at the WTA Finals, rounds out roster of Legend Ambassadors for 2019 event
    Four-time Grand Slam champion reunites with 2000 Roland Garros doubles partner, Martina Hingis, to meet fans in new home of the WTA’s crown jewel event
    ST. PETERSBURG, FL, USA – With just 20 days to go until the start of the inaugural Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) announces four-time Grand Slam champion Mary Pierce will serve as a Legend Ambassador for the season-ending finale’s first staging in China.

The winner of 18 singles titles and 10 doubles titles during her celebrated career, Pierce collected two Grand Slam singles crowns – the Australian Open in 1995 and Roland Garros in 2000. She also won the Roland Garros doubles title in 2000 with fellow WTA Finals Legend Ambassador Martina Hingis, and the mixed doubles at Wimbledon in 2005, with Mahesh Bhupathi. Across the course of her career she qualified for the WTA Finals event seven times and was runner-up twice, in 1997 and 2005. Along with her record at the tournament, she served as a Legend Ambassador for four years in Singapore.

“I have had such a great experience as a WTA Finals Legend Ambassador and there is so much potential in China now to reach out to more fans," said Pierce. "I was so honored to be inducted into the Hall of Fame this year alongside one of China’s biggest sports heroes, Li Na, so I am glad for the opportunity to head to Shenzhen and hopefully contribute to inspiring the next generation of tennis players there too.”

The WTA Legend Ambassador program is an integral initiative by the WTA and Gemdale Sports to bring fans greater opportunities to interact with some of the greatest names in women’s tennis during the eight-day tournament from October 27 – November 3, 2019 through community and fan engagement activities, tennis clinics and more. Pierce will be joined by fellow Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen Legend Ambassadors Agnieszka Radwanska, Alicia Molik, Martina Hingis, Martina Navratilova and Zheng Jie in the 2019 edition of the tournament.

Fabrice Chouquet, Managing Director of WTA Asia-Pacific and Co-Tournament Director of the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen said, “Mary has been such a great supporter of the WTA Finals and we are glad to have her on board in Shenzhen this year. The Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen is in its first year, so to have someone as experienced as Mary to join is really exciting and I’m sure the fans will enjoy hearing about what she has to share about her life and career in tennis.”

Eddy Liu, CEO of Gemdale Sports and Co-Tournament Director of the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, added, “Mary Pierce is one of the most well-known names in women’s tennis, and we are proud to have her as a Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen Legend Ambassador. We look forward to hosting her in Shenzhen, and I believe the fans will be excited to show her the best of the city so that she will enjoy her time here.”

The latest Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard can be found here.

Per Christopher Clarey, Serena has not yet withdrawn from the YEC, so she still holds the #8 spot
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

October 14, 2019

ONE QUALIFYING SPOT REMAINS FOR SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN

Reigning WTA Finals champion Elina Svitolina is the most recent qualifier for the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen and currently sits in the No.7 position on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard.

As the WTA enters the final two laps on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen this week at the VTB Kremlin Cup (Moscow) and BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open, one qualifying spot remains for the first edition of the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, which will go to either Belinda Bencic, Kiki Bertens or Serena Williams.

Barbora Krejcikova / Katerina Siniakova captured their second title of the season over the weekend at the Upper Austria Ladies Linz to secure their place in Shenzhen and jump to the No.6 spot on the Doubles Leaderboard. Anna-Lena Groenefeld / Demi Schuurs, who hold the No.8 position on the Doubles Leaderboard, also confirmed their qualification to round out the doubles field in Shenzhen.

Moscow and Luxembourg represent lap numbers 55 and 56 out of 56 total (a reference to qualifying tournaments leading into the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen). The Top 8 singles players and doubles teams of 2019 will secure their spot at the Shiseido WTA Finals in Shenzhen, China, taking place from October 27 - November 3, 2019.

The singles player who finishes the regular season in pole position on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard will be congratulated with a new Porsche.

October 13, 2019
    ELINA SVITOLINA, ANNA-LENA GROENEFELD / DEMI SCHUURS AND BARBORA KREJCIKOVA / KATERINA SINIAKOVA QUALIFY FOR SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN

Reigning WTA Finals champion Svitolina set to return to the year-end finale to defend the biggest title of her career
    Wimbledon and US Open semifinalists Groenefeld / Schuurs and Rogers Cup champions Krejcikova / Siniakova round out the doubles field in Shenzhen

ST PETERSBURG, FL, USA - The WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) announced today that Elina Svitolina and the doubles teams of Anna-Lena Groenefeld / Demi Schuurs and Barbora Krejcikova / Katerina Siniakova have qualified for the 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, set to take place from October 27 - November 3 for a record-breaking $14 million in prize money.

Svitolina becomes the seventh of eight singles players to clinch a spot at the year-end event, joining Ashleigh Barty, Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep, Bianca Andreescu, Naomi Osaka and Petra Kvitova in Shenzhen, China.

Groenefeld / Schuurs and Krejcikova / Siniakova complete the doubles field in Shenzhen, joining Hsieh Su-Wei / Barbora Strycova, Elise Mertens / Aryna Sabalenka, Timea Babos / Kristina Mladenovic, Gabriela Dabrowski / Xu Yifan, Latisha Chan / Chan Hao-Ching and Samantha Stosur / Zhang Shuai.

Svitolina has earned her spot in Shenzhen following another standout season, highlighted by reaching her career first Grand Slam semifinal at Wimbledon, and advancing to the final four again at the US Open to become one of just two players to reach the semifinals at two majors this season (also Serena Williams).

The Ukrainian also made the semifinal stage on a further three occasions, at the Qatar Total Open (Doha), Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships and BNP Paribas Open (Indian Wells), and most recently made back-to-back quarterfinals at the Dongfeng Motor Wuhan Open and the China Open (Beijing) to help secure her place in Shenzhen.

Svitolina will return to the season finale as the defending champion, having defeated Sloane Stephens in the championship match last year in Singapore to lift the Billie Jean King Trophy. This year will mark the Ukrainian’s third trip to the WTA Finals, having first qualified in 2017 and scoring a win over then-WTA World No.1 Simona Halep in the round-robin stage.

"The WTA Finals holds a special place in my heart since it is where I won the biggest title of my career last year," said Svitolina. "I'm very excited to qualify for my third WTA Finals, and I’m looking forward to visiting Shenzhen for my first time.”

Groenefeld and Schuurs will make their first team appearance at the WTA Finals due to reaching five WTA doubles finals this season, contesting the title match at the Qatar Total Open (Doha), Internazionali BNL d’Italia (Rome), Nature Valley Classic (Birmingham), Rogers Cup presented by National Bank (Toronto) and the Western & Southern Open (Cincinnati). They are one of two teams to have reached as many finals this season – also Chan / Chan.

The German-Dutch pair will both make their second career appearances at the WTA Finals, and will be looking for their first win at the year-end event in Shenzhen. Groenefeld made her debut at the WTA Finals in 2017 partnering with Kveta Peschke, while Schuurs teamed up with Elise Mertens in last year’s event.

“I’m really excited to qualify for the WTA Finals again, and especially with my good friend Demi,” said Groenefeld. “We are very happy with our season and we hope to end it with a good run in Shenzhen.”

Schuurs added, “It’s an honor to be one of the top teams of the year. I’m looking forward to returning to the WTA Finals for my second time after a great season with Anna-Lena.”

Krejcikova and Siniakova, runners-up at last year’s WTA Finals and winners of the 2018 WTA Year-End World No.1 Doubles Ranking presented by Dubai Duty Free, will make their second consecutive appearance at the year-end finale after reaching three finals this season. The all-Czech duo lifted the trophies at the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank (Toronto) and most recently at the Upper Austria Ladies Linz. They also reached the championship match at the BNP Paribas Open (Indian Wells) and, as the defending champions, advanced the semifinal stage at Wimbledon.

This will mark the fifth consecutive year an all-Czech team has qualified for the WTA Finals, joining the success of Andrea Sestini Hlavackova/Lucie Hradecka (2015-16) and Hradecka/Siniakova (2017), although they were forced to withdraw following an injury suffered by Hradecka.

“It means so much to have qualified for the WTA Finals with Barbora for the second year in a row now,” said Siniakova. Krejcikova added, “Our experience at the event last year was unforgettable, so to come back and compete against the top doubles teams for our second time is something we’re really looking forward to.”

The 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen features the world’s best players vying for a record-breaking US$14 million in prize money and two of the most prestigious titles in women’s tennis. The Top 8 singles players and doubles teams on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen – which includes 52 WTA tournaments and four Grand Slams – will compete in a round-robin format with the singles champion lifting the Billie Jean King Trophy and the doubles champions earning the WTA Finals Martina Navratilova Trophy.

The winner of the Porsche Race to Shenzhen - the singles player who finishes in pole position leading into the WTA Finals - will not only seal a spot at the season-ending showpiece, but also be congratulated with a new Porsche. The Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard is updated each Monday (every two weeks during Grand Slams events) and can be found at www.ShiseidoWTAFinalsShenzhen.com. T

NEWS RELEASE
    October 19, 2019
    BELINDA BENCIC SECURES FINAL QUALIFICATION SPOT AT SHISEIDO WTA FINALS SHENZHEN

Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships victor to make debut at renowned Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen
    The Swiss rounds out the 2019 field in Shenzhen

ST PETERSBURG, FL, USA - The WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) announced today that Belinda Bencic has qualified for the 2019 Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, set to take place from October 27 - November 3 for a record-breaking $14 million in prize money.

By advancing to the championship match at the VTB Kremlin Cup in Moscow, the Swiss earns the final qualifying spot, joining Ashleigh Barty, Karolina Pliskova, Simona Halep, Bianca Andreescu, Naomi Osaka, Petra Kvitova and Elina Svitolina in Shenzhen.

Bencic has earned her career first qualification at the year-end finale following a resurgent season, highlighted by capturing the title at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships where she ousted four Top 10 players to claim her first Premier-level title since 2015. She also recorded her career-best Grand Slam run this year by reaching the semifinals at the US Open, allowing her to soar back into the Top 10 for the first time since May of 2015.

She also contested the final at the Mallorca Open and made three additional semifinal appearances at the Hobart International, BNP Paribas Open (Indian Wells) and the Mutua Madrid Open.

Bencic has posted a Tour-leading six wins over Top 5 players this season in addition to her leading nine victories over Top 10 players.

“It’s a dream to be competing at the WTA Finals and to be one of the top eight," Bencic said after winning her semifinal match in Moscow. "It makes it even more special that I booked my ticket at the last possible minute. This match had so much pressure and I was so nervous. Now I’m over the moon to win today and achieve this dream.

“All the eight players deserve to be there because it shows we had the most consistent seasons. This was also a big goal after all my injuries to have a really consistent goal and to reach Shenzhen is a huge bonus and a reward for an amazing season.”

Hooray BB
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

When, oh when, will the draws be revealed?

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Was Friday night last year...probably the same this year.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

October 25, 2019
    ASHLEIGH BARTY WINS 2019 PORSCHE RACE TO SHENZHEN

Roland Garros and Miami Open champion secures pole position in the final standings on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard
    The World No.1 will hold the top seed at the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen

ST PETERSBURG, FL, USA - The WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) announced today that Ashleigh Barty has won the 2019 Porsche Race to Shenzhen, finishing the regular season in the No.1 position on the Leaderboard.

Each of the 56 tournaments (52 WTA events plus the four Grand Slams) leading into the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen represents one lap on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen, spread across 29 countries and regions. Throughout the 2019 season, Barty has amassed 6,476 points from 14 laps (i.e. tournaments), with her nearest rival Karolina Pliskova finishing second with 5,315 points.

This marks the first year that Barty has finished in first place on the Porsche Race to Shenzhen, and she is set to make her debut appearance in singles at the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen. The Australian has competed in the doubles field at the WTA Finals on two occasions, in 2017 alongside her compatriot Casey Dellacqua and with CoCo Vandeweghe in 2018.

Barty has enjoyed a standout year in 2019, highlighted by lifting her maiden Grand Slam singles trophy at Roland Garros and her first WTA Premier Mandatory crown at the Miami Open presented by Itaú. She also became the first Australian woman to ascend to the WTA World No.1 ranking in 43 years, since Evonne Goolagong Cawley in 1976.

“It was already an honor to qualify for the WTA Finals, but to also finish the Porsche Race to Shenzhen on top is an achievement I’m incredibly proud of,” said Barty. “This is a special tournament for myself and my team and I’ll be fighting hard to finish the WTA season with the Shenzhen title.”

The Australian has amassed a Tour-leading 52 match wins this season, including a 15-match winning streak starting with her Roland Garros triumph in addition to claiming her third WTA singles title of 2019 at the Nature Valley Classic (Birmingham) and reaching the round of 16 at Wimbledon. Barty also reached the championship match at the China Open (Beijing) and is the only player this season to have reached the second week at all four Grand Slams.

Following her title at Roland Garros, Barty moved to the top of the Porsche Race to Shenzhen Leaderboard, a position she held for the remainder of the season.

“Congratulations to Ashleigh on winning the Porsche Race to Shenzhen,” said WTA Chairman and CEO Steve Simon. “Ashleigh’s season has truly been a remarkable one and she has proven, through her rise to competing at the highest levels of our sport, to be a very deserving winner of this prestigious honor.”

To celebrate winning the 2019 Porsche Race to Shenzhen, Barty will receive a brand-new Porsche.

“We’d like to warmly congratulate Ashleigh Barty on winning the Porsche Race to Shenzhen. Her prize of the athletic Cayenne Coupé is the fitting reward for her magnificent tennis performances this season,” said Detlev von Platen, member of the Executive Board responsible for Sales and Marketing at Porsche AG. “The WTA Finals are another highlight in our successful partnership with the WTA, and the perfect finale to a fantastic tennis year.”

Porsche joined forces with the WTA in 2017 as title sponsor of the Porsche Race to Shenzhen campaign and Leaderboard. This season-long campaign builds towards the Shiseido WTA Finals Shenzhen, the crown-jewel event of the WTA season featuring the greatest eight singles players and doubles teams. Since 1978, the Stuttgart-based company has sponsored the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix and since 2002 has served as the event owner and organizer. Additionally, Porsche has been the official automotive sponsor of the WTA Finals since 2015.

From left to right: Micky Lawler (WTA), Ashleigh Barty, Oliver Eidam (Porsche)
    Photo provided by Getty Images

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123