Agree Agree:  571
Likes Likes:  306
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 517691979899100101
Results 1,501 to 1,513 of 1513
    Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: The Run to the WH

I think it was Steve Schmidt who said 35% of this country has always been crazy.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

That article posted by Ti is EXACTLY what I have been worried about for some time. And it is his group of crazies who have the large stockpiles of weapons. If the border is open, I am continuing to plan to be camping in Canada when the election occurs (I am totally serious about this). I'll come back to my ultra-red part of Ohio when/if I hear that there is clearly calm after the election.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    From the Times of London

Primed by Trump, militias gear up for ‘stolen’ US election
    With the president weaponising fears of electoral fraud, armed groups are becoming increasingly paranoid

Pitcavage believes, however, that militia groups are unlikely to rise up violently after a Trump defeat. “Given the patterns of domestic violence over the past 25 years we’d be far more likely to find isolated incidents of violence by lone individuals, small informal groups or people breaking off from formal organised groups to do something more radical or violent,” he said.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/p...tion-5qztlzjvs

There is a pay wall.
    That is almost endearing. The poor darling...
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Sidebar: A year or two ago, I posted somewhere on TAT (probably the Hades thread) about the proliferation of Trump flags in Shirleysburg, PA. (They are not Trump/Pence flags; they are Trump flags.)

I drove through Shirleysburg about a week ago. There were still three Trump flags flying in front of homes. Approximately 30 houses sit on the main drag in Shirleysburg. So, 10% of homes on the main drag in Shirleysburg were flying Trump flags (with only one of them flying along side the American flag).

I drove through Shirleysburg again today. It was down to one Trump flag--the one flying beside the American flag. The other two were gone. I'm not going to read anything into that--yet. Maybe someone died. Maybe people moved away (the "For Sale" signs are everywhere). Maybe the flags are at the drycleaner (not that I've ever seen a drycleaner anywhere near Shirleysburg).

But I thought it was curious.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

Dry, Is Shirleysburg by any chance one of those former mining towns that is dying? I'm sure you're aware of some of those ghost towns in East-central Pennsylvania that truly died after the mines closed and everyone moved away. The Appalachian Trail goes through the edge of one that is almost on top of a mountain, called Yellow Springs. Gertie and I camped one night on a patch of grass that was in that town. It is now totally in ruins and not accessible by any roads. But there are ghost towns that are down in the valleys that one can drive through. I saw a couple of those on days off from the Trail.

Those of you who think of the eastern US as being very urban would be stunned to see what some parts of Pennsylvania look like, and not only where Dry's farm is. There are plenty of remote areas that have never been developed and others that are de-developing (if that is a word). Obviously, people know that much of Maine is that way, but no one thinks of the wilds of Pennsylvania quite like that. GH

Unquestionably, however, Trump’s alarms about postal voting cut through to his fans and the militia groups.A) “It’s self-evident that on the left they just want to win — they don’t care how. It’s not who casts the votes that matters it’s who counts them, right?” said Stewart Rhodes, founder of the Oath Keepers, former service personnel who see themselves as guardians of the constitution.

Rhodes, 55, and his members plan to patrol polling stations on November 3 in an effort to stamp out suspicious behaviour. “We’ll go undercover and look for people we think are committing voting fraud,” said the B)airborne veteran and Yale Law School graduate, who lives in Montana. “We’re looking for indicators that they’ve got people who aren’t US citizens voting; then we can go and suppress that behaviour by letting it be known that we’re watching. We’ll videotape them and turn it over to law enforcement.”

He added: “If Biden wins, I think a civil war is very likely because what do you do when you’ve got millions of people who reject our history, reject our constitution and want to impose Marxism on the country. We’re heading for conflict.”

A) I doubt these people can see the irony of these statements in light of what Trump and his supporters can, have, and want to do to ensure the election results that they want - to say nothing of what Russia, China and other countries that are no friend of the United States are doing to stir up discontent and turn us against one another. And they have done it very well - aided and abetting by people's lack of common sense and judgement, as well as their paranoia and willingness to demonize other people (which, unfortunately, seems to be an ability that inflicts some people across the political spectrum, even if I don't think it is evenly distributed across that spectrum).

B) This, for me, is one of the scary parts - that these people have 1) been in the service 2) some of them have been to elite institutions and what most people would consider to be a 'good education' and 3) the massive amount of ammo that these people have. It is insane. And their paranoia is off the charts.
    Last edited by Jeff in TX; 06-29-2020 at 08:00 PM.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

What Jeff said hints at this: who do you think China wants to win the election? I can see advantages and disadvantages for them with each candidate winning.
    Go Pack Go!

Yes. But in the end, Tiny is manipulable, gullible and can be bought outright. He offers a high degree of unpredictability, which is the risk. But he can be controlled through different channels.
    Form a triangle between China, Russia and some third party (Erdogan, Bolsanaro, Netanyahu) and he can be cornered.

With Biden they know that at a minimum he will read and belief the intelligence reports.

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    Dry, Is Shirleysburg by any chance one of those former mining towns that is dying? I'm sure you're aware of some of those ghost towns in East-central Pennsylvania that truly died after the mines closed and everyone moved away. The Appalachian Trail goes through the edge of one that is almost on top of a mountain, called Yellow Springs. Gertie and I camped one night on a patch of grass that was in that town. It is now totally in ruins and not accessible by any roads. But there are ghost towns that are down in the valleys that one can drive through. I saw a couple of those on days off from the Trail.

Those of you who think of the eastern US as being very urban would be stunned to see what some parts of Pennsylvania look like, and not only where Dry's farm is. There are plenty of remote areas that have never been developed and others that are de-developing (if that is a word). Obviously, people know that much of Maine is that way, but no one thinks of the wilds of Pennsylvania quite like that. GH
    Shirleysburg is not a mining town. It is a tiny town with a beer distributor, one restaurant, and the Shirley Home for the Aged, which, ironically, overlooks a cemetery for the people who died at the Shirley Home for the Aged. Everyone who lives there works somewhere else. Most likely Mount Union, Orbisonia, Chambersburg, or Shippensburg.

That's par for the course here. Everyone who lives around here works somewhere else.

I must be mentally unbalanced....Dry, I laughed when I thought of the concept of all the old folks sitting out on the patio overlooking that cemetery. That is probably sick.

GH

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I can't relate to these people. They have already demonstrated abysmal political judgment. On the other hand, whatever the reason, I'm glad the light bulb finally went off.

Meet the Supporters Trump Has Lost

I had read that article earlier. I agree Dry in that I can't relate...what took them so long? What were they seeing before November 2016 that made them like him then but not now?

Allow me.
    In 2016, Tiny was going against A WOMAN. A hysterical, manipulative, scheming, cheating woman.
    In 2020, he is going against ANOTHER WHITE OLD MAN. A reasonable, reliable, honest white man.

At least some of them must have been thinking that way. Just notice this cycle. There is no way anybody can claim that the best prepared, most thorough platform presented by the Dems WAS NOT E. Warren's. Yet, what she came across was bossy and a know-it-all, not smart and prepared. And finished way behind Biden because of that.
    So many of these idiots are simply rationalizing their choice of Tiny.
    Ockham's razor. So damn useful.

(And I hope it is clear I DO NOT think of Clinton in those terms, nor of Warren, who would have been my choice were I an American).
    Last edited by ponchi101; Today at 02:50 PM. Reason: Clarify

Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 517691979899100101