Agree Agree:  517
Likes Likes:  272
Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4166818788899091
Results 1,351 to 1,355 of 1355

Re: The Run to the WH

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    It's easy to do an analysis and dismiss everyone. Who else has been mentioned?

Sure. But I believe that that is the way politics are run today. You can have a sterling record, be smart as hell, have the experience but right now, one case of something remotely questionable puts you out. For example, if a photo of you when you were a teenager wearing black face in the 1970's surfaces, your are gone. Regardless of everything else.
    We saw it with Katie Hill. One "inappropriate relationship" with a staffer (consenting adults behind closed doors) and she was forced to resign. Now a GOP-er has that seat.
    If it were up to me, almost every woman in the senate would be a good VP. But you also have to add the terrible reality: women are judged differently, by which I mean more harshly. We saw it in the last election. If Hillary Clinton had been Harry Clinton she would have won, with all her credentials. Yet, she was downed by an intrinsic misogyny in our culture (and sure, cheating by the GOP and the Russian aid).
    Whitmer clicks a lot of buttons. Lujan Grisham too. But as always, the Dems operate on a different sphere. The GOP will nominate a verifiable con-man that sucks at the job of being president, with a severely flawed religious-lunatic as sidekick. And they won't care. The dems want Siddharta and the Dalai Lama in the ticket. And if they don't get it, they go full "Bernie Bros": "Well, I am not going to vote for THAT woman! I will vote for a guy that will get 100,000 votes. I have principles!"
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

I'm not saying I disagree ponchi, but who is your favorite candidate? It's not obvious from your last few posts.
    Roger forever

Biden and Lujan Grisham. Kamala for AG. Warren for Sec. of the Treasury. Replace Pelosi with a younger woman for the House Leader. If you get the Senate, Klobuchar to take control there.
    Hillary Secretary of Defense, Whitmer Secretary of the Interior (to groom her a bit more). And of course, Abrams to re-shape voting laws.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Lujan Grisham? Never heard of her before... What's her greatest strength?

Pelosi is not going to be replaced. She loves her position too much and anyway it's not up to Biden.
    Roger forever

I just looked Lujan Grisham up. I'd never heard of her before. She ticks boxes important for the Dems in November and has had experience in governing.

I should say here that "Latino/Latina" is not a one size fits all designation. There are cultural and historical differences between Mexicans, Cubans, Puerto Ricans and Central Americans that shouldn't be ignored.

I still like Castro but Biden committed to a woman so...
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4166818788899091