Agree Agree:  265
Likes Likes:  155
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 429445051525354

Re: The Run to the WH

Very unlikely Biden will be out before Super Tuesday and most certainly not before South Carolina so most people will get a chance to vote for him. It's just that his support seems to be inch deep among other communities.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    OK, where do you think they'd gravitate if Biden were to drop out today?
    Warren? Then again the consensus in the hair salon the other day was that she's too "preachy" which I found a bit ironic...
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

If Bloomberg has done nothing else he's put out some great ads though.

Stop and Frisk and the Central Park Five cases are mainly NYC stories. Not a lot of people know about the details of either case.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

They do exist.

Laura Bassett
    @LEBassett
    ·
    3h
    Last night I spoke with a married white woman from Georgia who’s voted Republican her entire life, voted for Trump in 2016, and is now switching her registration to Democrat (voting Klobuchar in the primary) because she’s so disgusted with him and ashamed of her vote.

Sadly, I've seen far too few of them in Ohio. GH

When attack ads go wrong

GOP
    @GOP
    Amy Klobuchar is anything but the midwestern moderate she claims to be. She plans to:
    👎Force taxpayers to pay for abortions—regardless if they are pro-life or pro-choice
    👎Mandate gov't-run health care, housing, & “access to nature”
    👎Give gov't health care to illegal immigrants
    And Amy didn't have to pay for this ad...

― Frank Zappa

Lindy Li
    @lindyli
    #BernieSanders lavishes praise on Communist Russia, preferring the Soviet Union to the American way of life

#NevadaCaucus

https://twitter.com/i/status/1228717543105454089

Trueblue
    @ponymom48
    Replying to
    @lindyli
    Sanders never praises Communism. He’s praising a subway system and cultural programs for children. Fits nicely with his desire for more infrastructure spending here and his hope that all American students can afford higher education What’s wrong with that?
    Hypocrisy Now
    @Hypocrisy_45

Replying to
    @lindyli
    I was in the Soviet Union for 3 weeks in 1984, everything they said was true. But what they didn't tell you was the supermarket shelves were bare. You had a choice of beets, tomatoes, cucumber, and cabbage for your vegetables. Nice place to visit, would NOT want to live there.

― Frank Zappa

🐝🍷Ouakam4Pete🍷🐝
    @ouakam4
    Disclaimer : This is going to be quite the long thread, so bear with me until I've said what's on my mind.

So, yesterday, some Bernie Bros, decided to spur the latest Buttigieg conspiracy, that
    @Lis_Smith
    has a burner account pretending to be a Nigerian man. 1/

That BS took me by surprise. As usual, when looking at something so absurd, I laughed it off... until I saw that it was trending and that people who should know better were RT it without verifying the likelihood of the theory. And in the matter of hours, damage was done. 2/

Chinedu was forced out of Twitter, chased by journalists asking to prove his identity and doxxed for the whole political Twitter to see.

And I'm furious. I'm furious because that could have been me. Well, it's almost been me. 3/

Because there is this part of the political Twitter in the US that still can't grasp what is about
    @PeteButtigieg
    that attracts so many people to him and have to forge the weirdest theories for their feeble minds to get the phenomenon. 4/

Like me, Chinedu is African, worldly, well travelled, curious and interested in American Politics. Because, like the rest of the world, we care about who is going to be the “leader of the free world”. And like me, Chinedu thinks that Buttigieg is a compelling candidate. 5/

I won't get into the details of why I like Pete Buttigieg. I've sent an email to
    @jessesingal
    , who's been kind enough to publish it. You can read it here. Sorry for some typos, it was late and I was tired. 6/

https://twitter.com/jessesingal/stat...492549632?s=20

What I'm going to say is that this story is pretty revealing about the mentality of some “progressives” who love to point fingers at people who commit, in their minds, thought crimes, but don't realise how horrible they too can be (and some are still at it (cc
    @Vanessa_ABee

). 7/

First, they ran with the conspiracy because a Black person from Africa couldn't possibly be cultured enough to be intested in US politics, let alone have an opinion on the candidates running and decide to like the one that Rose Twitter has decided was the Devil incarnated. 8/

Despite the rebuttals and articles by journalists who face-timed with him, a lot of these people are still in doubt. And those who accept that, yes, he might be a real person, the only reason they find for him or me to cheer for Buttigieg is that we must be paid for that. 9/

There comes the second disguting thing about these progressives. If
    @Lis_Smith
    is not the person behind these accounts, then the campaign is giving sweet money to these poor Africans to do the job, right?

Again, they can't be politically savvy enough to make up their minds. 10/

We are a group of international supporters of Buttigieg, from Europe, Africa, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Oceania. We found each other on Twitter and made this group of enthusiastic supporters. What do we do? We share posts about Pete, our feelings about the campaign in DMs. 11/

What is striking is that the accounts of the other international supporters are out there too, but, interestingly, it's the accounts of the Africans ones, that are deemed suspicious.
    Is the argument here that a westerner is legit in their interest but not someone from Africa? 12/

I had people reaching out to me on my other account, one telling me that someone was using my pics and pretending to be me, and the other one, a journalist, asking me to prove who I was because, again, a Black person really can't be into Buttigieg, right? 13/

And that's where you wonder if it's racism or just, what we like to mock, the stupidity and ignorance of basic Americans. See, it will come to the surprise of some of these “progressives” but Africa is pretty ****ing diverse continent. 14/

You might only know it with news about wars, epidemics, or poverty, but we are a continent on the move, growing and richer by the year. And you'll find, yes, poor people, but also a striving middle class and some people with more means, and some pretty wealthy people too. 15/

With no knowledge of the person behind their account, you assume that we must all be poor and starving Africans waiting for some random campaign to give us money. It would be laughable if it wasn't so insulting. 16/

There are these websites where you put your salary to check the incom bracket you belong to. When I tried it I was in the 10% of highest earners. I could have guessed I was privileged, what with my lifestyle and the fact that I'm never thinking of how to get through the month 17/

But these “progressives” paint with this wide brush about my continent and insult us because for Black people to like Buttigieg, they must be paid for. 18/

So, because your irrational hatred of a man whose only sin is to be a formidable competitor and give your candidate a run for his money, you thought it was a great idea to bully an innocent man, force him to close his accounts and insult other people with racist accusations. 19/

don't know what definition of progressivism you run on, but belitling Black people does not belong to it in my book. And if you're not ready to right this wrong, you're no better than the MAGA cult. 20/

Oh, and to finish with the rant, the way I choose to spend mytime has nothing to do with any of you. And you better be busy finding a career where you can make big bucks and have enough time to do whatever you want. And no, you're not going to make me leave Twitter. /END

― Frank Zappa

Miriam Elder @MiriamElder

The joy over Bernie as potentially the first Jewish president vs. this about the other Jew running for the nomination

Mike Bloomberg
    @MikeBloomberg
    We need to unite to defeat Trump in November. This type of "energy" is not going to get us there. https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/st...74481408348163

https://twitter.com/i/status/1229369357471551488
    Bij Alberta🍞📈
    @ByYourLogic
    you have “the energy” of a man who participated in sex crimes but solely for networking opportunities and you would have ripped gold teeth out of people’s mouth at Auschwitz if it had bolstered your resume https://twitter.com/mikebloomberg/st...69357471551488

It gets worse.

― Frank Zappa

― Frank Zappa

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Miriam Elder @MiriamElder

The joy over Bernie as potentially the first Jewish president vs. this about the other Jew running for the nomination

Bij Alberta🍞📈
    @ByYourLogic
    you have “the energy” of a man who participated in sex crimes but solely for networking opportunities and you would have ripped gold teeth out of people’s mouth at Auschwitz if it had bolstered your resume https://twitter.com/mikebloomberg/st...69357471551488

It gets worse.
    Very similar to the right's anti-Semitic argument that Soros helped the Nazis confiscate the property of the Jews.

This is sickening.

Daniel Dale
    @ddale8

Trump's campaign manager tweeted a dramatic photo of Air Force One at Daytona, saying ".@realDonaldTrump won the #Daytona500 before the race even started."

The shot was of George W. Bush's plane leaving in 2004. Parscale deleted three hours later.

https://cnn.com/2020/02/16/politics/...oto/index.html

Seth Abramson
    @SethAbramson

So...he lied. In the midst of an election. About the GOP candidate.

This is what we call "election disinformation"—and anyone pretending Trump's 2020 campaign manager didn't know he was falsely using a picture from 16 years ago to plump his boss has to be, on some level, joking.

― Frank Zappa

More disinformation aimed at African American voters by bought and paid for African Americans

Kevin M. Kruse @KevinMKruse

For all of you who are blocked by Owens, here's the tweet.

I'm honestly impressed she could pack this much wrong into a single tweet.

LBJ not only voted for the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1960; he helped ensure their passage as Senate Majority Leader.

As president he took JFK's bill, stalled in Congress, made it *much* stronger and pushed it to passage.

Also, your LBJ quote is fake.

My mentions are now filled with people who insist the quote is real and easily available on YouTube but no, they can’t find it right now, so shut up.

Also, yes, LBJ said the N-word on other occasions and could often be crude and racist! You’re right!

But that’s not proof that he said this *other* racist quote, and that definitely doesn’t change his actual record on civil rights laws when he was in Congress or the White House.

― Frank Zappa

Biden_Train
    @Biden_Train
    ·
    Feb 13
    African American Vote Preference released today by MSNBC

― Frank Zappa

On the other hand I saw somewhere that Sanders has a huge lead among Latino voters. Will win Nevada for sure and difficult to stop afterwards.
    Roger forever

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 429445051525354