Agree Agree:  527
Likes Likes:  287
Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25506571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1403

Re: The Run to the WH

Lis Power
    @LisPower1
    Trump openly admitting if we made voting easier in America, Republicans wouldn't win elections

Trump: "The things they had in there were crazy. They had levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you'd never have a Republican elected in this country again."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244606910462136321
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Lis Power
    @LisPower1
    Trump openly admitting if we made voting easier in America, Republicans wouldn't win elections

Trump: "The things they had in there were crazy. They had levels of voting, that if you ever agreed to it you'd never have a Republican elected in this country again."

https://twitter.com/i/status/1244606910462136321
    LOL! Someone else said something similar last week when they were apoplectic about funding vote by mail measures requested by Dems in the last funding bill. That's why they are trying to hold them to a super low figure. It's been clear for awhile now that they are petrified of what would happen if easy voting was implemented in Texas.They know it's game over if those votes go in the Blue column. GOP is here for the voter suppression.

You know it's bad when Mike is calling out his old friend. Follow the link to watch the video of Mike. They've known each other for decades, he's a diehard supporter, he'll still vote for him in November in all likelihood unless his own family members are critically ill or dying and he's looking to place blame. But this shows what I'm talking about. Millions of his 2016 voters are not as loyal as Mike and this will be the story of so many especially in some of the biggest swing states like Florida and Michigan that are struggling with mounting cases.

Funhouse
    @BackAftaThis

March 30, 2020 - The day that Mike Francesa's unwavering loyalty to his old friend @realDonaldTrump finally came to an end.

https://twitter.com/BackAftaThis/sta...87103281508352

Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom
    A quick reality check: The Democratic primary, like any party's primary, belongs to the party. You do not have a *right* to vote in a primary. Primaries are not a constitutional mechanism and need not even exist if parties don't want them.
    Good for Whoopi for challenging him.

The View @TheView

Sen. @BernieSanders when asked why he’s staying in the race: "Last I heard, people in a democracy have a right to vote, and they have a right to vote for the agenda that they think can work for America.”

“We are assessing our campaign,” he adds. http://abcn.ws/3azwj21
    https://twitter.com/i/status/1245379774320644096
    Mike Gallagher @mikegsvu123
    replying to @RadioFreeTom
    That’s why actually holding the Wisconsin primary next week as scheduled is so important. Biden, as usual, has a huge lead, and if he buries Bernie again, it might finally prompt him to get out.
    Tom Nichols @RadioFreeTom

NARRATOR: Bernie wants his moment at the conventional and will not get out no matter how many times he loses.

Christine Pelosi @sfpelosi

GOOD NEWS: Democratic National Convention is moving to the week of August 17 2020 due to #coronavirus.
    Glad @TheDemocrats are putting safety, integrity, and #familiesfirst!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/02/u...n-delayed.html

Statement from Vice President Joe Biden on Record Number of Americans Filing for Unemployment
    Joe Biden

The economic damage from the worst public health crisis our country has faced in generations is both rising and deepening at an alarming rate. It is putting working families and the American middle class through unimaginable financial pain — and they need to be made whole as fast as possible. My heart goes out to the millions of Americans who filed for unemployment claims this week, and the millions more who worry what next week holds for them.

Donald Trump is not responsible for the coronavirus, but he is responsible for failing to prepare our nation: for the months during which he continually neglected dire warnings from experts and downplayed the threat to us, and for the erratic and unacceptably slow federal response that has tragically lagged behind other countries. Now we have more coronavirus cases than anywhere in the world, and that is dealing body-blows to our economy and to the welfare and well-being of millions upon millions of Americans.

Just last week, Donald Trump’s Treasury Secretary referred to these kinds of job losses as “not relevant” — but try telling that to any one of the millions of Americans who are now out of work because of this crisis.

The economic devastation that families all across this country are experiencing by no fault of their own means. We have to take extraordinary steps to protect them. We need to get unemployment checks to the workers filing claims, so they are made financially whole. No blame games or finger-points — the President has to take responsibility for helping the states make that happen. We still need to keep as many workers on payroll as possible, and as many small businesses in business. And we need to get the direct cash relief into Americans’ bank accounts without delay. The bills are piling up.

And we have to guarantee that Americans without health care coverage can get it. The President must change course and allow open enrollment in the Affordable Care Act, as even Republican governors have called on him to do. He should also drop his support for a lawsuit that would undo the ACA, because it would cost almost 20 million Americans their care — the last thing we should pursue during a public health emergency.

https://medium.com/@JoeBiden/stateme...t-ec9e50223e7e

Lawrence Hurley @lawrencehurley

Georgia House Speaker, a Republican, opposes voters getting absentee ballots because it is likely to lead to more people voting, echoing comments made by Trump on the dangers high turnout supposedly poses to GOP winning election

Greg Bluestein
    @bluestein
    “This will be extremely devastating to Republicans and conservatives in Georgia,” said House Speaker David Ralston, who has pushed a delay of the state's May 19 primary, of the plan to mail 6.9M voters absentee request forms. #gapol

At least the Georgia Republicans were being completely honest about their motivation for voter suppression. GH

And in other strange, somewhat head-slapping news, the Wisconsin Supreme court ruled that the state's primary must be held tomorrow as originally planned, despite all of the issues of holding it in the midst of a pandemic.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    And in other strange, somewhat head-slapping news, the Wisconsin Supreme court ruled that the state's primary must be held tomorrow as originally planned, despite all of the issues of holding it in the midst of a pandemic.
    There is a court seat the GOP is desperate to hold on to. They're counting on their voters, the ones who have no problems gathering in large groups, will come out while Democrats will be more reluctant to come out and vote. And yes, the SCOTUS backed them up.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) ended his bid for the White House on Wednesday, effectively handing the Democratic nomination to former Vice President Joe Biden and ending hopes that a progressive challenger would take on President Donald Trump in November.

Sanders announced the news on a conference call with campaign staffers, and then tweeted about it later Wednesday morning.

“Together we have transformed American consciousness as to what kind of nation we can become,” he said in a livestream to supporters. He thanked the “hundreds of thousands” of campaign volunteers, crediting them with being able to “run a major presidential campaign without being reliant on the wealthy and powerful.”

Bernie Sanders

@BernieSanders
    Today I am suspending my campaign. But while the campaign ends, the struggle for justice continues on. https://www.pscp.tv/w/cVyXkDMyNzU3OT...my6M_vzHvhEt8Q

Bernie Sanders @BernieSanders
    Today I am suspending my campaign. But while the campaign ends, the struggle for justice continues on.

The senator was seen as a front-runner in the Democratic race, surging to the top of the polls before a series of poor showings on Super Tuesday and subsequent primaries in March. After a series of big losses to Biden, all campaigning virtually ground to a halt due to social distancing restrictions put in place to help ease the strain of the coronavirus pandemic.

Many leading Democrats and onetime candidates had thrown their weight behind Biden after ending their own bids, including former mayor Pete Buttigieg; Sens. Kamala Harris (Calif.), Amy Klobuchar (Minn.) and Cory Booker (N.J.); and billionaire Mike Bloomberg. The support for his competitor left the Sanders campaign reeling with limited options to secure enough delegates going into the Democratic National Convention, which was delayed until August because of coronavirus.

By late March, Sanders acknowledged that his path to the Democratic nomination was “narrow,” but he still insisted he still had a shot and even called for an April debate.

Biden rejected the suggestion, saying that the time for debate was over.

“I think we should get on with this,” he said at a March 25 news conference.

Biden had pitched himself as the most electable candidate, and polls showed that Democrats were, indeed, primarily interested in finding a candidate who could take out Trump ― even if they didn’t agree with that person on every issue.

This is a developing story, check back for updates.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/berni...b60557280d408f
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

I do think we're left with the better option of the two old white men (from the one who desperately wanted a female candidate). Now we've really got to be sure that this election goes well in November. GH

Anyone else think that Sanders had decided a week or two ago to get out, but Biden (or the Democratic establishment) asked him to stay in so as to increase Democratic turnout for the Wisconsin state supreme court race?
    Go Pack Go!

Quote Originally Posted by Togtdyalttai View Post
    Anyone else think that Sanders had decided a week or two ago to get out, but Biden (or the Democratic establishment) asked him to stay in so as to increase Democratic turnout for the Wisconsin state supreme court race?
    Interesting. You don't think Dems would've turned out in high numbers in Wisconsin if Sanders had dropped out earlier with whats at stake?

It's a highly uninspiring choice by Democrats this time, but perhaps with the continued incompetence of Trump and economy likely very poor it will not matter as much as it usually would.
    Roger forever

Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 25506571727374757677787985 ... LastLast