Agree Agree:  244
Likes Likes:  147
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21364243444546

Re: The Run to the WH

He is asking for people with experience, so College grads are out.
    If you believe in Bloomberg you can give yourself 11 months of work. If you half believe, 4 months. So you are talking $24K for four months in which you will basically have no other life.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    He is asking for people with experience, so College grads are out.
    If you believe in Bloomberg you can give yourself 11 months of work. If you half believe, 4 months. So you are talking $24K for four months in which you will basically have no other life.
    I think he'll find it difficult to find true believers, the kind working for Bernie or Donald.
    Roger forever

Sally Goldenberg
    @SallyGold
    His candidacy is young, but Morning Consult ranks @MikeBloomberg as having the highest unfavorables of any Democratic candidate: https://morningconsult.com/wp-conten...compressed.pdf
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

I have no idea what the normal amount is, but that seems reasonable for around the clock work that will only last 2-5 months. His candidacy also seems out of nowhere, so he has no believers, and he'll have to take whatever political operatives are available.

James Hohmann @jameshohmann

Buttigieg McKinsey client list

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Seems hard to complain about that list of clients but I'm Huffpost (since every story I see from them about Mayor Pete seems quite negative) and other media outlets will find something that they can criticize - probably that he didn't come up with the solution for global warming despite his smarts, so he obviously isn't the chosen one.
    Last edited by Jeff in TX; 12-10-2019 at 11:26 PM. Reason: additional comment
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

That would be a very Republican thing to do...blame him for not fixing global warming, which they don't believe exists. GH

The list is so bland I am trying to come up with a joke about it and I can't.
    Next thing they will find out is he worked with the Boy Scouts, and he will be accused of immoral and devious ends.
    Missing winter...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I suppose the fact I worked on a small PhRMA contract a few years ago for a period of 2 months would disqualify me from holding public office... Or perhaps the fact I currently work for a company that is a wholly owned subsidiary of Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina is enough to disqualify me.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

https://news.yahoo.com/pete-buttigie...210825988.html

Pete Buttigieg's McKinsey Client List And A Canadian Grocery Scandal
    HuffPost Molly Redden,HuffPost•December 11, 2019

Pete Buttigieg's McKinsey Client List And A Canadian Grocery Scandal
    More
    "Pete Buttigieg’s presidential campaign said his consulting work for Loblaws, a Canadian grocery chain, was unrelated to a massive, decade-plus scheme in which the supermarket and the country’s largest bakers illegally fixed the price of bread.

Buttigieg revealed on Tuesday that Loblaws was one of his consulting clients during his three-year tenure at McKinsey & Company. He spent much of 2008 in a Toronto conference room at Loblaws analyzing its grocery prices — during a time the supermarket chain has admitted to methodically and illegally colluding to raise the price of bread.

Canadians learned about the price-fixing last year. Prosecutors, working with a pair of whistleblowers, revealed that five grocery store chains and the country’s two largest bakeries colluded to inflate the price of bread by $1.50 from 2001 to 2015. Loblaws was one of several companies that admitted to secretly coordinating price hikes in bread. Loblaws offered Canadians a $25 gift card to make things right; one analyst estimated that the scheme cost Canadians up to $400 each over 14 years.

Buttigieg isn’t implicated here, his campaign said Wednesday. Buttigieg was part of a team analyzing a massive trove of data to identify where price cuts might bring in new customers. His work didn’t relate to bread specifically, his campaign told BuzzFeed, and Buttigieg said he only recently learned about the price-fixing scheme himself when it became public.

Loblaws has also said that McKinsey’s work was separate from the price-fixing scheme.

Dan Merica

@merica
    Loblaws, the Canadian grocery store chain that was one of Buttigieg’s clients at McKinsey, said Wednesday that the would-be presidential candidate played no role in the grocer’s 14-year bread price-fixing scheme.

For more on the bread price fixing: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/repo...ticle37387816/https://twitter.com/merica/status/1204545513183490050

Loblaw admits to bread price-fixing scheme spanning more than 14 years
    Grocery chain acknowledges collusion and will co-operate with Competition Bureau’s ongoing criminal investigation

theglobeandmail.com
    Dan Merica

@merica
    Pete Buttigieg's nine McKinsey clients, per the campaign:

- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
    - Loblaws
    - Best Buy
    - Natural Resources Defense Council
    - Environmental Protection Agency
    - Department of Energy
    - Energy Foundation
    - U.S. Postal Service
    - U.S. Department of Defense

2:36 PM - Dec 11, 2019
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    131 people are talking about this
    Buttigieg consulted for the prestigious global consulting group McKinsey from 2007 to 2010. Until this week, when he relented to calls for transparency, his client list and many details of the work he performed there remained a secret. He revealed his client list after McKinsey released him from a nondisclosure agreement.

Critics have called on Buttigieg to not only describe his work at McKinsey but to discuss how it shaped his worldview, given that the firm routinely consults for autocratic governments. Last week, it was revealed that McKinsey consultants proposed that Immigration and Customs Enforcement save money by cutting food, supervision and medical care to immigrants in its custody.

“What I want to know is, how much is Buttigieg a typical McKinsey-ite who only thinks in dollars and cents?” Jeff Hauser, a transparency advocate and director of the Revolving Door Project, told HuffPost.

Buttigieg reportedly saw his McKinsey tenure as a launchpad for elected office. He made it one of his selling points in his earlier campaigns for office in Indiana, where he is the mayor of South Bend. But he’s talked up this part of his resume less in a Democratic primary centered on questions about inequality and corporate power.

Buttigieg’s other former clients include Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Best Buy, the Natural Resources Defense Council, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Department of Energy, the Energy Foundation, the Department of Defense and the U.S. Postal Service.

This post was updated with comment from Loblaws.

Love HuffPost? Become a founding member of HuffPost Plus today."

This article originally appeared on HuffPost.

As I thought, it didn't take long for the smear/criticism to continue. Huffpost needs to chill a bit. If they ever found a real scandal, it would be a bit different, but this is just trying to manufacture scandal where there is none. And, full disclosure, I like Mayor Pete as a candidate.
    Last edited by Jeff in TX; Yesterday at 08:40 PM.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

The man was fixing the price of bread?
    PUT HIM TO THE STAKE!!!!
    (Yawwwwwwn....)
    (Agree with Jeff. Find a real story, then print. In comparison to Tiny, he is.... well, Pete Buttigieg)
    Missing winter...

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 21364243444546