Likes Likes:  348
Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 136388103109110111112113
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1695
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: The Run to the WH

This will actually be a very enjoyable convention. Won't have to deal with 1 minute of crazed applause after every sentence, or 2 minutes of crazed applause after a remotely profound sentence, or 3 minutes of crazed applause after a real zinger.
    Winston, a.k.a. Alvena Rae Risley Hiatt (1944-2019), RIP

According to a wide variety of source VP search campaign has been wrapped up, Biden has spoken personally with all the final candidates. Now just need to make the final decision. Announcement expected tomorrow or Thursday.
    Roger forever

Hmm, John Kasich is speaking at the Democratic National Convention. This might be interesting. I may have to watch some of it.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

I stopped watching conventions a long time ago and I probably won't watch much of this one.

There is a bit of controversy around Kasich speaking but with the work the Lincoln Project and others are doing we may be beginning to see the emergence of a true center-right party that reduces the GOP to third party status. I'm just spitballing here of course.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

It's Kamala Harris

Joe Biden
    @JoeBiden/
    4m
    I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked
    @KamalaHarris
    — a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    It's Kamala Harris

Joe Biden
    @JoeBiden/
    4m
    I have the great honor to announce that I’ve picked
    @KamalaHarris
    — a fearless fighter for the little guy, and one of the country’s finest public servants — as my running mate.
    Great news!

Jeremy Diamond
    @JDiamond1

As we await Trump's reaction to the Harris pick...here's what Trump said about her less than 2 weeks ago:

Q: "How do you rate Kamala Harris as a VP? There's a rumor it's going to be her."

TRUMP: "I think she'd be a fine choice, Kamala Harris. She'd be a fine choice."

Good news, but also the most obvious pick ever. The old Joe didn't have one more surprise in the bag for us.
    Roger forever

I thought he might pick Warren up until he didn't.

Thought: Will Tiny dump Pence for Hailey?

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Biden/Harris was always in the cards.

Sent from my SM-J737P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I stopped watching conventions a long time ago and I probably won't watch much of this one.

There is a bit of controversy around Kasich speaking but with the work the Lincoln Project and others are doing we may be beginning to see the emergence of a true center-right party that reduces the GOP to third party status. I'm just spitballing here of course.
    That would be nice. However, changing from "Republicans supporting Biden" to a new center-right party will not be easy. I am not yet convinced that they are even willing to try such a maneuver. If you happen to hear them trying such a maneuver, please let me know (via an appropriate TAT thread), and I will be glad to hop on board.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

I am ecstatic about the VP pick. But actually, there were several on that list of incredibly qualified women about whom I would also have been ecstatic.

Now, about Dry's comments on the Trump-Pence signs. In our neighborhood (a partially rural neighborhood at the very edge of a village) there are now 4 Trump-Pence things up. Two are small signs in the yards, one is a large flag draped over the front porch, and one is a large flag flying below the national flag on a flagpole. By the week of the election in 2016, there were 20 Trump-Pence signs and 2 Clinton-Kaine signs up in the same neighborhood. I am anticipating there will be close to the same numbers (in each category), but we shall see.

Being a gay couple living in a crimson-red area of the country, we have chosen not to put up any political signs in our yard. Also, we have almost no serious discussions (about anything, really) in this neighborhood. About the signs, our feeling is that we wouldn't convince anyone to vote Democratic, and we would only be putting ourselves at risk of, at least, ugly comments if not potentially something more. So we are in agreement that the benefit (really none) does not outweigh the risk.

Dry might be able to get by with it, but then, who drives by his house....ever!! So the sign would have no benefit or risk probably.

I do sadly suspect that this Ohio district will go as red this time as it did 4 years ago. And I really hope I am wrong.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I thought he might pick Warren up until he didn't.

Thought: Will Tiny dump Pence for Hailey?
    That is the more important question.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Tiny will not dump Pence. He needs one psycho-religious nut in his ticket to convince the evangelicals he is their choice.
    On the other hand... Biden just chose an openly pro-choice black woman. Basically, a witch for evangelicals.
    If he is going to choose a woman, why not choose Ivanka? By now, it can't affect him in any negative way. The kool-aid pond is filled to the brim.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Along this line...I don't think having a pro-choice black woman on the ticket is going to negatively affect Biden's chance for evangelical voters...he wasn't getting any of them anyway. And I also don't overly think Tiny's running mate affects his vote. My feeling for some time has been that there is this 38-40% of Americans out there who are so in love with him (Ponchi's kool-aid pond concept) that there is no way they will not vote for him. So basically, I'm saying there aren't really all that many people out there who are undecided. So what will be totally crucial is voter turn-out, Tiny's faithful vs. the larger number of people who favor Biden now. And, of course, how much cheating Tiny gets away with.

I remain very concerned about that last concept. We all know that Tiny plans to do whatever it takes, no evil trick is too low. Just how far into Hades will that take us all? Time will tell.

Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 136388103109110111112113