Agree Agree:  585
Likes Likes:  311
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25277929899100101102
Results 1,516 to 1,526 of 1526

Re: The Run to the WH

I always think it's a misdirect to focus too much on voters switching or undecideds.

To me, it's all about voter turnout. How motivated will you be when a friend of yours says they get off work at 5:30 and the polls close at 6:00, so they simply won't have time?

If you say "Bitch! As long as you arrive before the polls close, they have to let you vote. I'll have my car idling outside your work at 5:29" then you just earned an extra vote for the fight against evil!

Charlie is right. There is some statistic that shows that at a certain point the numbers can't be messed with if the turnout is high enough. I think it's wrong to focus on people who may or may not change their vote. Focus on getting a huge turnout.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Voter turnout is everything...I agree.

A bit on that topic: Watching Trump the last few days and what he is saying and what he is tweeting, it is pretty obvious that he has quit trying to appeal to anyone other than his base. So apparently his strategy is to really energize his base and then be sure every one of them gets out to vote. That is, of course, on top of all sorts of shenanigans he and his people will try to pull relative to voter suppression, getting his friends in other countries to help, messing with votes and voting stations, etc. If, say, 90% of the 41% who still like him get out to vote, that would be a difficult vote total for us to overcome. Far too many Americans don't bother to vote.

So voter turnout will be a huge part of his strategy, and therefore must also be a huge part of the Democratic strategy. GH

He has a strategy? Are you sure?
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    He has a strategy? Are you sure?
    Exactly. This man has no idea of what a strategy is, either in politics or business or for that matter, life.
    Chauncey Gardiner
    Forrest Gump
    Hugo Chavez
    Donald Trump.

Unfortunately, we know who the real life characters were/are.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

It's not just the Lincoln Project making good videos.

VoteVets @votevets

This July 4th, there is a new name synonymous with traitor. Move over Benedict Arnold. Meet...
    #BenedictDonald
    #TRE45ON

https://twitter.com/i/status/1279097817240305670

I know it is hard to assign any concept of intelligence to this man, but I still think there is a "strategy" evolving with Trump these days. At Mt. Rushmore, he went further than ever to stoke the enthusiasm of white racists. He said something about how those who were protesting for racial equality were trying to rob "us" of our history. (this is a very rough paraphrasing, but his idea was that).

So I really think he is no longer trying to woo anyone outside his 41%, but rather he wants to really energize them to get them to the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post

So I really think he is no longer trying to woo anyone outside his 41%, but rather he wants to really energize them to get them to the polls.
    And his friends can take care of the other 10%.

Amy Siskind@Amy_Siskind
    Tulsa rally -
    - Trump campaign: 1 million
    - actual: 6,200

Mount Rushmore event -
    - Trump campaign: limited ticket to 7,500
    - actual: 3,700

Well, it is a long way to S. Dakota. And when you get there, what is there to do?
    Still...
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Weirdly, I always greatly enjoyed that part of South Dakota. Custer State Park is fabulous, as are The Badlands National Park, Wind Cave National Park, and Mount Rushmore. Then, for a slice of tacky Americana, you can stop at Wall Drug. There are other nice areas as well. Another thing not to miss in the area is Devil's Tower in Wyoming. It's a couple of hours away, but worth the trip. I hiked around Devil's Tower one summer day when I'm sure you could have fried an egg on any available rock. So I think of Devil's Tower as an insanely hot place.

GH

P.S. Still, I agree with
    Last edited by GlennHarman; Today at 03:09 PM. Reason: added P.S.

Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25277929899100101102