Agree Agree:  180
Likes Likes:  121
Page 1 of 31 123451126 ... LastLast

The Run to the WH

Ian Sams
    ‏Verified account
    @IanSams

I think people are excited about @KamalaHarris.

The above picture floored me! It's from a rally Ms. Harris held in the Bay Area this afternoon. It made me think that this run to the WH might deserve it's own thread. I mean to draw a crowd like this so early is pretty amazing.

With this thread all of the mud being slung as well as issues discussion can be in one place.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Re: The Run to the WH

For those familiar with Bay Area politics how bad will Harris association with Willie Brown and her former career as a prosecutor hurt her with some voters?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    For those familiar with Bay Area politics how bad will Harris association with Willie Brown and her former career as a prosecutor hurt her with some voters?

I think the good thing is that the bad PR on that is happening now, so by the time the public at large is interested in the Democratic race, the campaign will find a way to combat this narrative.

For once, I'm overwhelmed with choices I like in the Democratic party (not sure if any are electable). I think Kamala Harris is fantastic, but I feel allegiance to Kirsten Gillibrand as my Senator - I've admired her for longer.

I've always been a bit so-so about Gillibrand and I don't know enough about Harris to be for or against her. I've been a fan of Joaquin Castro and think he'd make an excellent VP at this point in his career. My hesitation about Gillibrand comes from her stance against Al Franken. I think he was targeted and she pulled the trigger. Otherwise I think she's done well for the state.

If the Dems don't find a candidate that will beat the Donald, for shame.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

As it stands now, maybe aside Sanders and one or two minor candidates, they all would be favorites against the Donald.
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I've always been a bit so-so about Gillibrand and I don't know enough about Harris to be for or against her. I've been a fan of Joaquin Castro and think he'd make an excellent VP at this point in his career. My hesitation about Gillibrand comes from her stance against Al Franken. I think he was targeted and she pulled the trigger. Otherwise I think she's done well for the state.

I don't really want to get into it, but I couldn't disagree more strongly on Franken. The right stance was taken by her and the party - morally as well as politically - and the person being targeted (mostly by BernieBros) is Gillibrand.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I don't really want to get into it, but I couldn't disagree more strongly on Franken. The right stance was taken by her and the party - morally as well as politically - and the person being targeted (mostly by BernieBros) is Gillibrand.
    We have a big-time liberal criminal defense attorney in our office, and she absolutely hates Gillibrand. Her deal wasn't Franken specifically, but the way she handled the whole movement. She was really ticked to receive emails every day from her on the one issue. Fair or not, she feels Gillibrand used the issue solely to raise her profile.

She was never a Bernie supporter. So you know where her head is at, she wants Bloomberg to run.

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    We have a big-time liberal criminal defense attorney in our office, and she absolutely hates Gillibrand. Her deal wasn't Franken specifically, but the way she handled the whole movement. She was really ticked to receive emails every day from her on the one issue. Fair or not, she feels Gillibrand used the issue solely to raise her profile.

She was never a Bernie supporter. So you know where her head is at, she wants Bloomberg to run.
    Please tell your coworker to look deeply into Bloomberg's record. What Tiny did to HUD Bloomberg did to NYCHA (NYC Housing Authority) that manages all of the public housing developments in the city. Many of these developments are located on what is now prime real estate - the Marble Hill Houses across the river from me are at a transportation hub with bus, subway and commuter train access to Manhattan. Did I mention the river views? He wanted to force people out so that the developments could be repurposed for a higher class of people. He was the driving force behind stop and frisk here as well. Also, he made it easier for the super rich from overseas to park their money in real estate helping to drive up rents and the cost of living here.

No one has mentioned the Starbucks guy? Why is he getting so much press?

Cause he's going to get the President re-elected.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Cause he's going to get the President re-elected.
    Russia?

Kyle Griffin
    ‏Verified account
    @kylegriffin1

Mike Bloomberg: "The data was very clear ... there is no way an independent can win ... The great likelihood is that an independent would just split the anti-Trump vote and end up re-electing the President. That's a risk I refused to run in 2016 & we can't afford to run it now."

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post

I've unsubscribed from all mailing lists, so that helped.

I'm not at all saying that only Bernie Bros dislike Gillibrand for it, but that Bernie Bros (which is a collective term that includes women) are very proactive at driving public anti-Gillibrand campaigns around it.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I also know Tulsi Gabbard called out Harris for religious bigotry because she questioned a judicial nominee about his affiliation with Knights of Columbus as the organization is pro-life.

To me, Harris was just asking the same old question whether his beliefs would affect his ability to follow the law on the bench. He said he could. End of story.

Page 1 of 31 123451126 ... LastLast