Agree Agree:  194
Likes Likes:  128
Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast

Re: The Run to the WH

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Nor is the source fully anonymous + it's being reported by a liberal media outlet: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03afe8d674530
    Oh I know the so called liberal media is reporting this. What if it was reported like this:

"Ms Klobuchar demands excellence from her staff and pushes them to perform at the highest level"

"Ms Klobuchar runs a tight ship"

"Ms Klobuchar doesn't ask any more from her staff than she demands from herself".

The implication of what I've seen so far is that she's that word that rhymes with witch.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

NBC Politics
    ‏Verified account
    @NBCPolitics

LIVE: Sen. Klobuchar announces decision on 2020 presidential race. https://www.periscope.tv/w/1nAKEyQQdlvKL
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Oh I know the so called liberal media is reporting this. What if it was reported like this:

"Ms Klobuchar demands excellence from her staff and pushes them to perform at the highest level"

"Ms Klobuchar runs a tight ship"

"Ms Klobuchar doesn't ask any more from her staff than she demands from herself".

The implication of what I've seen so far is that she's that word that rhymes with witch.
    Maybe so, but I've also seen and heard of more than one asshole manager in the corporate world. Both men and women.
    Roger forever

Maybe so, but I've also seen and heard of more than one asshole manager in the corporate world. Both men and women.
    No doubt. But in US politics women are rhymes with withces while men are "strong leaders who know what they want"

― Frank Zappa

No doubt. But in US politics women are rhymes with withces while men are "strong leaders who know what they want"
    Agree - women who are 'strong' managers are viewed differently than men, and that perception/viewpoint often seems to come from women as well as men. I'm not sure that I fully understand that, since I have had lots of female managers/bosses. I might have kvetched on a brief occasion about something, but that also applied to the men who have been my boss. In the end, I didn't care as long as they were 1) competent 2) fair and 3) had my back, whether it was as a teacher, when I worked for the IRS, or was in real estate in some form or fashion. I hope that I judged them as I would have been wanted to be judged if the roles were refused, but I certainly didn't care whether they were male or female.
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

I saw, almost exactly with the same words, this concept turned into a joke by MAD magazine when I was a teenager.
    And sorry, if there is one thing that the GOP has shown they can do (and actually, the SOLE thing they can do) is to weaponize lies. So whether Klobuchar is a demanding boss or a tyrant is irrelevant. They will go after her (if she becomes the candidate) with that line. Because remember they refuse to be elected over policies.
    Missing winter...

More and more former coworkers of senator Klobuchar are coming out of the woodwork with essentially the same assessment. Hard to believe they are all lying.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...-a-decade.html

On the other hand people really need to have a bit more self respect. I'd quit on the spot if someone were to treat me like that.
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

More and more former coworkers of senator Klobuchar are coming out of the woodwork with essentially the same assessment. Hard to believe they are all lying.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019...-a-decade.html

On the other hand people really need to have a bit more self respect. I'd quit on the spot if someone were to treat me like that.

What if quitting on the spot meant there is a high chance you'll never work in your industry again? Because that can be very true for the incestuous political world.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

There is no doubt the stories are a hit job, but I'm also pretty sure, based on the content, the accusations are true. None of the people going on record to praise her refuted the stories, they just said their attitude was different, or that she ALSO did nice things. There hasn't been any proof posted, but the original story suggested the journalists saw the proof.

It's extremely unfortunate but I have strong reservations about her now., and although women are typically judged harder for that kind of leadership, I would certainly have the same reservations for a man.

I thought that the USA was entering the stage in which ABUSE is ABUSE. Makes no difference if it is at the hands of a woman or a man.
    And although I agree with SH about self respect and quitting when treated this way, we have seen how difficult it is to do that in politics and at an early age. It takes a bit of maturity to finally understand that you can tell your boss to KYA.
    Just look at John Kelly and all the other masochists at the WH.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    There is no doubt the stories are a hit job, but I'm also pretty sure, based on the content, the accusations are true. None of the people going on record to praise her refuted the stories, they just said their attitude was different, or that she ALSO did nice things. There hasn't been any proof posted, but the original story suggested the journalists saw the proof.

It's extremely unfortunate but I have strong reservations about her now., and although women are typically judged harder for that kind of leadership, I would certainly have the same reservations.
    I'm not ready to bail on her yet.

― Frank Zappa

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Midi Golf Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion, Quick Words Champion, Yeti Sports 3 - Seal Bounce Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But here's the thing... There is absolutely no justifiable reason to "lead" in an abusive manner. It's not necessary. One can be a kind leader with high expectations of subordinates without ever resorting to such behavior. In fact, I would go so far as to argue that such a leadership style is typically a sign of weakness, insecurity, and perhaps even professional incompetence.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

The Democrats insistence on holding their candidates to incredibly lofty standards plays right into Trump's hands. The eventual nominee will be so bruised and beaten with stories of his/her failings, Russia won't even have to make anything up.

FYI if you can catch a replay Rachel had Ms Klobuchar on last night and asked her about the "tough boss" rep and high turnover as a result.

Rachel has had all of the announced Dems on for a chat.

I'm listening via the MSNBC APP.

― Frank Zappa

Klobuchar said what I expected her to say - that she has high standards and doesn't ask anymore of her staff than she asks of herself. She also listed staff that has been with her for years. The word that comes to mind after watching the interview is "competence".

Tonight Rachel will interview Corey Booker.

― Frank Zappa

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891530 ... LastLast