Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Congratulations, Cainim, 2019 AO YCWJ Champion!

Cainim has accomplished the rare feat of correctly pegging both wooden spoon winners to move up from nowhere near the top of the leaderboard and win the 2019 Australian Open edition of You Can't Win Jack! You may wonder whether this has happened before, and the answer is yes. As far as I (and the forum) remember, this has happened once before (the 2013 US Open, if you're wondering). They finished with a total of 71 points, edging out two contestants who only correctly picked one of the wooden spoon winners by four points.

Evgeniya Rodina was the women's wooden spoon winner. She lost to Markéta Vondroušová in the first round, who lost to Petra Martić in the second round, who lost to Sloane Stephens in the third round, who lost to Anastasiya Pavlyuchenkova in the fourth round, who lost to Danielle Collins in the quarterfinals, who lost to Petra Kvitová in the semifinals, who lost to Naomi Osaka in the final.

Michael Mmoh was the mmen's wooden spoon winner. He lost to Radu Albot, who lost to Fernando Verdasco, who lost to Marin Čilić, who lost to Roberto Bautista Agut, who lost to Stefanos Tsitsipas, who lost to Rafael Nadal, who lost to Novak Djoković.

Thank you all for playing! The 39 contestants that entered were the most in quite some time. See you all back for the French Open suicide pool this May!
    Go Pack Go!

Re: Congratulations, Cainim, 2019 AO YCWJ Champion!

Wow! Ten people with wooden spoon holders on their team!

Congratulations to Cainim for having both wooden spoon holders!

I thought I was going to move up further in the rankings because I had a wooden spoon holder on my team. But I didn't get to move very far with nine other people having a wooden spoon holder on their team.
    Last edited by dave g; 01-27-2019 at 10:52 AM.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done, Cainim! Your medal has been awarded!

Congratulations! A tremendous achievement to get in both WTA and ATP!
    "And for my next fearless prediction..."

Congratulations! Very nicely done!

Congratulations, Cainim! Outstanding picks.

I got the honor for being by far the last-place finisher with a wooden spoon winner.

Nice!
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Thank you everyone! Love the games here and finally dared to try out The Wooden Spoon contest. It worked out better than I could expect. On to the next contest...