Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Around the World (ATW) 2019: How it Works

Around the World will be open to all TAT members. It will encompass 6 WTA indoor and outdoor hard-court and clay tournaments: Saint Petersburg, Hua Hin, Doha, Dubai, Budapest, and Acapulco.

Your team will consist of 12 WTA players from the top 100 women (as of the rankings dated January 14, 2019) on the WTA Tour. You will have 150 credits to spend on your 12-woman team. Your initial team may not be the same as a team that has already been posted, or it will be disqualified. We'll do our best to help monitor this. However, the responsibility of adhering to the requirements of this rule falls solely in the hands of the contest participant.

The top 100 WTA players are divided into 4 categories. Each player will be priced according to her ranking. You'll purchase 3 players from each category.

Like other TAT Fantasy Tournaments, each player on your team will be awarded points depending on how deep she goes in each tournament.

Substitutions:
    You are allowed up to 4 trades during the 6 tournament contest. Trades can be made at any time and for any reason, but a trade will not go into effect until the following tournament. To make a trade, sell a player back (adding her price to your remaining credits) then simply buy another player. When making a trade, please post in the Trade Thread, found here. YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE 3 PLAYERS PER CATEGORY ON YOUR TEAM AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 150 CREDITS.

Tournaments:
    St. Petersburg January 28
    Hua Hin January 28
    Doha Fwbruary 11
    Dubai February 17
    Budapest February 18
    Acapulco February 25

Categories and Player Pricing:
    CATEGORY A: Players 1-15. Price 16-30 credits each.
    CATEGORY B: Players 16-40. Price 9-15 credits each.
    CATEGORY C: Players 41-70. Price 6-8 credits each.
    CATEGORY D: Players 71-100. Price 5 credits each.

It is your responsibility to "scout" the players on your team and ensure that they're playing in each specific tournament. The team you have at the start of each tournament is the team you're playing.

Your team must be posted by the start of play at the earliest time in St. Petersburg or Hua Hin, which begins Monday, January 28, 2019. No late entrants will be accepted.

What Do You Do Now?
    Select your team before the start of play Monday, January 28! You can find the list of players and prices in the "Players and Costs" thread.

If you still have any questions after reading the contest rules, please feel free to ask them here! We'll answer them as quickly as possible.
    Last edited by dave g; 01-26-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: Around the World (ATW) 2019: How it Works

Since both Saint Petersburg and Hua Hin start on Monday local time, I am assuming that Hua Hin will start first. I have not found the Hua Hin website, but the usual starting time of the first match is 11:00 a.m. local time. That will be 4:00 a.m. Monday GMT, 11:00 p.m. Sunday US eastern time, and 8:00 p.m. Sunday US pacific time.

After thinking about the tournaments for a while, I remembered that one of the tournaments had changed the number of people in their draw. The tournament turned out to be Doha. They used to have a larger draw, but now only have a 32 person draw. Therefore, the points for Doha will match the points for the other tournaments with a 32 person (or less) draw. The change to the "Tournaments and Points" thread is shown below.

All tournaments except Dubai and Doha:
    First round : 7
    Second round : 15
    Quarterfinal : 25
    Semifinal : 45
    Final : 70
    Winner : 100

Dubai and Doha:
    First round : 2
    Second round : 7
    Third round : 15
    Quarterfinal : 25
    Semifinal : 45
    Final : 70
    Winner : 100

Fed Cup is next week: February 9-10. The next tournament is Doha which starts on Monday, February 11, local time. This means that the trade deadline will be either early Monday, February 11, or late Sunday, February 10, depending on your time zone

I have not yet found the official starting time for Doha, however it does start on Monday. For the moment, I will assume a starting time 11:00 a.m. local time. This is 8:00 a.m. GMT, 2:00 a.m. US eastern time and 11:00 p.m.Sunday US pacific time.

Main draw play starts Monday in Doha at 8:00 pm local time. This is noon EST, 9am PST. So about 24 hours from this post is your trade deadline. Good luck!

Evidently Dubai starts on Sunday. I can't find the start time, so I will assume 11:00 a.m. local time. This means that the trade deadline will be 7:00 a.m. GMT, 2:00 a.m. US eastern time, and 11:00 p.m. Saturday US Pacific time.

Dubai starts Sunday, noon local time. This is 3 am EST, midnight PST. So this is your trade deadline this week.

Acapulco starts on Monday. At this moment, I will assume an 11:00 a.m. local starting time. This will be 5:00 p.m. GMT, 12:00 noon US eastern time, and 9:00 a.m. US pacific time.

Main draw play in Acapulco starts Monday at 4pm local time. This is 5pm EST, 2pm PST. All final trades are due then. Good luck!
    Last edited by waylandboy-tw; 02-24-2019 at 06:00 PM.