Agree Agree:  23
Likes Likes:  37
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: '19 Racquet Smashing Contest

That was good especially since it only took one throw. Did the carnage continue when he sat down? If it did he gets a 10. If not I'll give him a 9.5. Zverev is my new standard.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There WAS a bounce!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    That was good especially since it only took one throw. Did the carnage continue when he sat down? If it did he gets a 10. If not I'll give him a 9.5. Zverev is my new standard.
    No, it didn't really continue. So what that gif doesn't show is that it came after he slipped in his shoes, nothing bad occurred with his racquet before he destroyed it. Then he went to his seat, no further carnage to the racquet, grabbed a new one and went back. But after he lost the set, he made a big production of taking off and tossing his shoes into the crowd.

He definitely gets 10/10 for showmanship, even if it's obnoxious.

I like the second movement flinging. It really adds to the choreography.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Djokovic with a very interesting submission in his match today. I'll see if I can find it.

ETA: Okay, here's a gif of it, hopefully there will be longer gif or a video posted soon.

https://twitter.com/blhighlights/sta...12797675753472
    Last edited by JazzNU; 03-12-2019 at 04:36 PM.

I think breaking the racket on one of one's body parts always deserves extra credit, even using a foot. Good one!!

GH

Ok, I'm impressed.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Considering that you are also risking physical injury that might sit you for a while, it shows a commitment to the craft that is rarely seen.
    That's the spirit!
    Starry starry night

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345