Likes Likes:  98
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Re: '19 Racquet Smashing Contest

We have to stop it. Really.
    Missing winter...

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Quick Words Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    We have to stop it. Really.
    Sorry. This thread has been officially jacked. Oh, d'oh!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Sorry. This thread has been officially jacked. Oh, d'oh!!!
    Jacked??!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I love our digressions, and the raunchier the better for me. This was a good one. GH

Should this count as an entry? I know they're all playing for second now, but we should still pay respect where it's due.

No evidence that Ernie broke the racket, but this is a new style to me - reminiscent of skipping rocks over water. The ricochet is a nice flourish. Then he smashed his racket and made three ballkids and his opponent visibly jump. One of them even clutched his chest.

https://twitter.com/doublefault28/st...57290943623171
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 06-24-2019 at 12:17 PM.

I like the innovation in Gulbis' entry. The coordination of the ball kids to stay out of his way was pretty impressive too.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I would count it. Original and reckless. Good form on the throw, the fact that it bounced across to the opponent's court is interesting, he put the ball boys' ankles in danger and could have damaged the chair too.
    Yes, look at it again and there is artistry there.
    Missing winter...

I for one am happy that people are finally starting to take this competition seriously. For too long they have relied solely on brute force without innovating. It seems that players have taken a note of Vilella Martinez's attitude.

As for Gulbis' performance, I like the skidding across the court and I REALLY like the frightening of the ballkids during his second act. Of course it's not enough to displace our frontrunner, but at least we're seeing something fresh.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I like the innovation in Gulbis' entry. The coordination of the ball kids to stay out of his way was pretty impressive too.
    Maybe this will win Best Ensemble Performance.

BTW. Vilella Martinez Magnus Opus has over 90K views in YouTube. Take away my 500 and it is really impressive, specially in view that this was not for the masses, only the enlightened few.
    Missing winter...

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Should this count as an entry? I know they're all playing for second now, but we should still pay respect where it's due.
    Definitely keep posting ones you see. Yes, it seems like the winner this year is a runaway, but whose to say we won't get a Paire or Dimitrov entry that bests their previous all-time outings? Maybe Vilella will give us another entry too.

And as for the Magnum Opus? Yeah, it was picked up widely, not merely tennis news. So the YT views are just the start, it's been played all over the place.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789