Agree Agree:  28
Likes Likes:  53
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: '19 Racquet Smashing Contest

When the sheep really get on your nerves?

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    When the sheep really get on your nerves?
    LOL! Nah... But Danny the Possum stealing the feral cats' food off the porch has me thinking he's cruisin' for a bruisin' in the near future...

We have Khachanov to thank for bringing this thread back to life, been a long stretch. Personally, I think the normal play is better than this slow mo gif. Feel the anger more that way. This could also stand to be 2 seconds longer to see the racket a bit better. If you see highlights on TC, it's very likely you'll see this in full, that's when I did.

https://twitter.com/doublefault28/st...68282834976771

As a competitive entry, Khachanov loses points for the repeated thwacks required to demolish the racket. GH

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    We have Khachanov to thank for bringing this thread back to life, been a long stretch. Personally, I think the normal play is better than this slow mo gif. Feel the anger more that way. This could also stand to be 2 seconds longer to see the racket a bit better. If you see highlights on TC, it's very likely you'll see this in full, that's when I did.

https://twitter.com/doublefault28/st...68282834976771
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    As a competitive entry, Khachanov loses points for the repeated thwacks required to demolish the racket. GH
    I agree, destruction is lacking. However, the rhythmic nature sort of re-creates the genre - or at least deserves mention. It's also a no-frills affair. Perhaps a racket-smasher's racket smash.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 04-25-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I like it. It is Sisifus'ian in nature. "Smack, it did not break, Smack, it did not break, Smack, it did not break".
    As a metaphor for tennis, in which you go against the Feds and Rafa's and Nole's of the tour and can't beat them, this was highly poetic.
    Starry starry night

I think it's much better in real time, but yes, the quickness of the destruction was lacking. But in real time, the unfolding of his anger went well with how the racquet was destroyed I thought. But I don't think this is winning anything in real time or slow mo.

Three tries and no visible destruction?! *aghast*
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    Three tries and no visible destruction?! *aghast*
    Yeah, that's why it's a flawed clip and I said it needed an extra few seconds on it. Definite destruction after the third hit. This unfortunately doesn't show it and I have yet to see anything that shows it like and I've looked, think this might be it unfortunately.

Kyrgios killed his racquet towards the end of first set tiebreak. Lacking in drama like some of his, but impressive power nonetheless. I'll see if it gets posted soon. His typically seem to.

Medvedev, of all people, had a strong contender today against Kyrgios. In the third set, he reached a drop shot, but his touch return clipped the tape and didn't go over. He wasted his racket with four whacks and great racket-head speed. Right in front of the umpire, too. Can't find the evidence.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Medvedev, of all people, had a strong contender today against Kyrgios. In the third set, he reached a drop shot, but his touch return clipped the tape and didn't go over. He wasted his racket with four whacks and great racket-head speed. Right in front of the umpire, too. Can't find the evidence.
    I saw that! It was good.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

If a player smashes his racket to pieces, and nobody in the cyber-forest saw it, did it happen?
    Starry starry night

One of the main Twitter handles that was reliable for posting racquet smashes, hasn't done so the last few times I've seen them, not sure if that's an ask from the ATP or what. The other thing is that that same Twitter handle is downright enamored with Nick Kyrgios, so was more likely amused that Nick had caused him to finally lose it, than worry about posting about his opponent.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456