Agree Agree:  18
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Tennis Random, Random 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    This was one of those deals where watching the announcement on video was an entirely different experience than reading an article about it. Quotes in an article don't show how he was struggling to utter each word.

It makes me especially sad when players are not able to quit on their own terms.
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Re: Andy Murray Announces Retirement

That was just painful to watch. Tears in my eyes for him.

I always felt he got a raw deal from the media and fans. There were plenty of stories about him that were endearing. The video he made with the family in which he said "I am British when I win, Scottish when I lose". The story about playing at the local club and paying for his own sandwich (Judy asked him to be there). The down-to-earth, NOT-JET-SET wedding.
    It was said above. You retire in your own terms, you will be missed. But this way, not only you will be missed, there is a sincere sense of sorrow for him.

Will make, if he wants to, a great coach. Specially for a young, talented woman. He listens.
    Starry starry night

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Ace Blackjack Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion Woody's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He really sounds like he's at least a tiny bit hopeful that the next surgery could set him up for a return in a year or two. That would be really nice to be able to play a season or two without pain, unlikely to add to his titles but it sounds like he would just love to compete again.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    He really sounds like he's at least a tiny bit hopeful that the next surgery could set him up for a return in a year or two. That would be really nice to be able to play a season or two without pain, unlikely to add to his titles but it sounds like he would just love to compete again.
    I thought the next surgery was more to allow him to live his life without pain, not to try and compete again.
    My Happy Place

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

This makes me very sad.

He grew on me a lot over time. I'm sure he will be around still, but it obviously won't be the same.
    I disapprove of this message

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Ace Blackjack Champion, Base Jumping Champion, Ultimate Jewel Champion Woody's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by atlpam View Post
    I thought the next surgery was more to allow him to live his life without pain, not to try and compete again.
    "Some athletes have had that and gone back to competing, but obviously there's no guarantee"

I think it's in the back of his mind.

Sad to see him gone like that, but what can you do... I kind of liked him, especially the last few years. Hope he stays involved with tennis long term.
    Roger forever

Andy Murray Announces Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    "Some athletes have had that and gone back to competing, but obviously there's no guarantee"

I think it's in the back of his mind.
    Sure hope so. If he feels better and refreshed in 2 years, he’ll still be young enough to return.

Then I think, he is so pragmatic and disciplined and smart. Why retire instead of taking an extended break if he really held out hope for a return down the road? Would the purpose be to let the fans know, out of courtesy, that this could be the last time he plays here?

Things could change, but I bet he wont return.

He was adament about not playing dubs.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 01-12-2019 at 11:23 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    He was adament about not playing dubs.
    Much to the relief of Bruno Soares.

He needs to think about his health during the remaining 40-50 years of his life. Given the circumstances I'd strongly advise against a return.
    Roger forever

I don't know how to post/save IG pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsfwU-pFY7f/
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I don't know how to post/save IG pics

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsfwU-pFY7f/
    Capture.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Thank you.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

How many would agree that Alona HAS TO, MUST, IMMEDIATELY call Murray and offer him 25% of her winnings to coach her?
    Because she needs a lot of help with her game, and Andy knows a lot about all the things she is missing. Patience, strategy, conditioning, and thinking on court.
    Just throwing it out there.
    Starry starry night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast