Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  3

2019 Australian Open YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

Here's the place to brag about your losers withering in the sun and to grumble when they start winning instead. A pick tracker will be posted after the start of main draw play and scoreboards updated after each round.
    Go Pack Go!

Re: 2019 Australian Open YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

A pick tracker has been uploaded: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...ck-Tracker.htm. Please check that I have copied your picks down correctly and let me know if I haven't.
    Go Pack Go!

Dry, I confess I'm snickering a bitdartpova.PNG -- given what other are saying about the Dart-Sharapova match, they really both should have lost.

And now I'm snickering at myself, since my ATP 1 and 2 both won. Derp.

Club Pro
    Awards Showcase

Was it cruel to take Andy Murray in YCWJ? Asking for a friend...

i watched a fair amount of the Struff-Ebden match on DirecTV since Ebden was my No. 1 pick, and what an awful performance by Struff. He was up 6-1, 4-1 at one point before his forehand went AWOL. His backhand soon followed, and he'd been serving below 50 percent for the match. This was one of the lowest quality matches I've seen in a long time. Ebden won the last three sets comfortably except for that game where he donated four straight errors to break himself at love in about a minute, giving Struff a 4-3 lead in the fourth before he got broken twice.

Struff was motivated the entire time, but his game disintegrated, leaving me without my top picks for the men and women after the first day.

For me: The good news of round one is that 6 of my 8 picks obliged me by losing.

The bad news of round one was that the 2 who won were my number one picks for each gender.

Oh, well. This is a contest I have always managed to lose very badly, so all in all, a good start.

GH

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Six of my first-round loser picks actually won. Surprisingly, I'm hardly alone at doing poorly in this tournament. In a quick scan through the pick tracker, I think I saw a few other sixes, several fives, and one unfortunate who had ALL EIGHT of their picks win. This contest seems like a general wipeout at this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    Six of my first-round loser picks actually won. Surprisingly, I'm hardly alone at doing poorly in this tournament. In a quick scan through the pick tracker, I think I saw a few other sixes, several fives, and one unfortunate who had ALL EIGHT of their picks win. This contest seems like a general wipeout at this tournament.
    It appears that the results from Day 2 have not been processed yet. If the "WON" is in yellow, then the pick has won, but if the "WON" is in white, then the match either hasn't been played or the results have not yet been processed. Or, at least that is what the color used to mean. So, we don't yet know how badly people are doing.

Since my top three ATP picks have yellow "WON"s, my team is truly stinking.
    Last edited by dave g; 01-15-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

After the first round, ktothem1 and New England Nitemare both have all of their picks left. Tenedab only lost a lowest confidence pick and is in third with 19. At the other end of the scoreboard, vexchaps scored only 3 and is on track for the wooden spoon of the contest.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

I apologize for not getting the pick tracker updated earlier in the day, but this will likely be about the time of day it gets updated on weekdays.
    Go Pack Go!

By my standards I did absolutely great in round one......and I'm tied for 18th place. GH

Middle of the pack after R1 - somewhat better than I was anticipating
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

The second round saw tenedab and MediaGrrl rise to the top with 35 and 34, respectively, and they've even separated themselves a bit already. Ptmcmahon is in third, five points off the lead.

Dryrunguy is our first contestant to run out of picks, but he might not win the wooden spoon because dollymix and vexchaps are still behind him.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Deal or No Deal Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries