Agree Agree:  2
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2019 Australian Open YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

The top three remains unchanged after the third round. Tenedab lost lower confidence picks, but remains at the top because their highest confidence picks are still in the game. MediaGrrl and ptmcmahon are also still in striking distance.

The race for the wooden spoon of this contest is heating up. It'll all come down to Keys-Svitolina tomorrow. If Keys wins, vexchaps will wrap up the booby prize. If Svitolina does, it may be a tie, or dryrunguy may win if Svitolina loses in the quarterfinals.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Tenedab, MediaGrrl, and ptmcmahon are once again the top three after four rounds. However, none of them scored the highest for the round. That honor belongs to Woody and CyborgShoes, who are climbing the leaderboard but are still 10 and 14 points behind, respectively.

It's rare that the race for this contest's wooden spoon is still going on this late into the tournament, but that's the case here. A win by Osaka over Svitolina will give the dishonor to dryrunguy, while a Svitolina victory will mean a tie between Dry and vexchaps.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Djere as the wooden spoon would give me a respectable score, based on this scenario ...

QF: Manic d Pouille
    SF: Nole d Manic
    F: Rafa d Nole

Certainly not inconceivable based on current play.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

After the quarterfinals, we as a whole still have 7 of the 8 semifinalists represented. Only Rafael Nadal is missing. As you might expect, that gives rise to a multitude of scenarios. I'll try to make it through all of them, but if I miss one please let me know.

Tenedab and MediaGrrl remain in first and second place, respectively, but tenedab has lost all of their picks and MediaGrrlonly has one lowest-confidence left. Both are eliminated from contention because a contestant will have a women's wooden spoon winner no matter what.

Now who can actually win. I'm going to enlist the aid of a table, whose row and column headers are the losers in the respective finals, and whose entries are the winners.

Pliskova Osaka Kvitova Collins
    Djokovic Martini4me Togtdyalttai Martini4me *
    Pouille Martini4me Togtdyalttai Martini4me **
    Tsitsipas Martini4me Togtdyalttai Martini4me CyborgShoes
    Nadal TennisAnyone74 Togtdyalttai Cainim CyborgShoes

*: If Nadal def. Djokovic in the men's final and Collins loses in the women's final, CyborgShoes wins. If Tsitsipas def. Djokovic and Collins loses in the women's final, New England Nitemare wins.
    **: If Nadal def. Pouille in the men's final and Collins loses in the women's final, CyborgShoes wins. If Tsitsipas def. Pouille and Collins loses in the women's final, CyborgShoes ties deelighted2.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Last edited by Togtdyalttai; 01-23-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Go Pack Go!

Am I reading this right ...

If Kvitova wins the final, we have three wooden spoon winners for Arrabuena [sp]
    If Osaka wins the final, we have three wooden spoon winners for Lapko
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSkan View Post
    Am I reading this right ...

If Kvitova wins the final, we have three wooden spoon winners for Arrabuena [sp]
    If Osaka wins the final, we have three wooden spoon winners for Lapko
    Almost. Arrabuena is correct, because she was represented by Ka. Pliskova in the semi-finals. The pick from the other semi-final is the pick represented by Collins, who happens to be Rodina.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

At another level, one that truly has no importance, I have figured that, given the current standings and the various possibilities for wins and losses in the finals, the worst that I can finish is a tie for 28th.

Congratulations to me on yet another top 30 finish!!!!!!! (the moral to this is....set your bar for accomplishment really low and sometimes you'll achieve it).

GH

After the semifinals, we're down to three contenders: Togtdyalttai will win if Kvitova wins the women's final, Martini4me if Osaka wins the women's final and Nadal the men's final, and Cainim if Osaka wins the women's final and Djokovic the men's final. I'm not sure we've ever had this many contestants still alive at this point, so congratulations to everyone on a well-picked tournament!
    Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Whoa. I rarely do well in the suicide pool and this time I fell victim to the dreaded no pick on day 2 so I decided this year to also give this contest a whirl.

First time lucky I guess!

Thanks so much to everyone who runs these games.

Congratulations, Cainim! A final recap will follow in a separate thread, but here are a final scoreboard and pick tracker.
    Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

So Rodina and Mmoh were the two wooden-spoon players, and Cainim had both of them!!! Congratulations! Very well done!! GH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12