Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  20
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,647

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I'm completely confused by Nike's outfits this year. They read very off-brand to me and look extremely like they are borrowing Fila's look instead.
    Yes! I had to pause my screen and read the logo on Sloane's outfit - I thought maybe she switched to Fila.


  2. #17

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I'm completely confused by Nike's outfits this year. They read very off-brand to me and look extremely like they are borrowing Fila's look instead.
    Agree. I guess Federer was designing everything.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  3. #18

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Meanwhile Bouchard continues to ask fashion questions no one was asking...

    #AusOpen #GenieArmy pic.twitter.com/AJMOhL4PQC
    via @TennisCanada
    Like "who misses the period when the late 80s transitioned to early grunge?"
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  4. #19

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Martini4me View Post
    don't you think this was mostly insane athleticism + luck? A great athlete can stop, twist, and stay balanced and is strong enough to hit it over the net. But he was just lucky that the racket was in the exact right spot.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  5. #20

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019





    Venus in motion. Best kit for the women?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb




  6. #21
    Everyday Warrior MJ2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,627

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Ugh, no. But I usually hate everything Venus wears.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #22

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    don't you think this was mostly insane athleticism + luck? A great athlete can stop, twist, and stay balanced and is strong enough to hit it over the net. But he was just lucky that the racket was in the exact right spot.
    The simple fact that he slapped the racket CLOSE to where the ball would be gives him my admiration. I would have kept going three steps, turn around to watch the ball go by, slide, twist my ankle, fall flat on my butt and probably be down for three weeks at least.
    Sure, he was lucky. Still, he twisted where and when he had to. I still say wow!
    Starry starry night

  8. #23

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    "My body is close to perfection right now." --Alexander Zverev to Jim Courier in an on court interview

    "It just looks so good because I'm standing next to you right now." --Jim Courier to Alexander Zverev
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

  9. #24

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post




    Venus in motion. Best kit for the women?
    I like it a lot but the Adidas Parley collection is my favorite so far. Teal and pink are back, aren't they? So Miami Vice.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  10. #25

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    The simple fact that he slapped the racket CLOSE to where the ball would be gives him my admiration. I would have kept going three steps, turn around to watch the ball go by, slide, twist my ankle, fall flat on my butt and probably be down for three weeks at least.
    Sure, he was lucky. Still, he twisted where and when he had to. I still say wow!
    Oh, it's incredible. Huge props. But I think was the product of athleticism more so than racket craft. Hitting it cleanly was luck. I guess most no-look shots are a lot of luck.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

  11. #26

    Re: WTA ATP GS AusOpen 1/14 - 1/27 2019

    Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    "My body is close to perfection right now." --Alexander Zverev to Jim Courier in an on court interview

    "It just looks so good because I'm standing next to you right now." --Jim Courier to Alexander Zverev
    Perfect. Sometimes I just really love me some Jim Courier.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •