Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  6
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Tennis on TV 2019

Maybe this is already well known, but as I caught a few minutes of tennis before I left this morning, I saw a "live tennis on Prime Video" banner at Queen's Club. Great!

BUT, after looking into it further and Tweeting Amazon Prime to help with locating it in the app, it appears that this is strictly a UK and Ireland thing. So if you live there (@liam are you seeing this?) and have Prime, there are additional ways for you to watch tennis this week and several others weeks on the ATP tour if you were unaware. It basically appears to be pulling TennisTV into Prime Video and giving you most of what their service offers, but is already included with your Prime membership so you can skip the additional subscription cost.

Here's an FAQ page for anyone interested - https://www.tennistv.com/help/watchi...me-video-faqs/

Tennis Channel+

I've tried a number of times, on a couple different devices, to access TC+ using a VPN but nothing ever loads. Has anyone had any success subscribing to this service from outside the US?

I've given up and am going to pay for access to tennis by purchasing subscriptions to TennisTV and DAZN, but it's expensive.
    Current Cable package: $7.00 per month - access to TSN & Sportsnet - Grand Slams, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, ATP 1000 & 500 events
    TennisTV: $190 per year - access to ATP
    DAZN: $210 per year - access to WTA

Did you use a VPN that allows you to choose the country? I've read that some are better than others for streaming. Like I don't need it and not sure it would work for TC, but I believe Express VPN is reliable for unblocking US Netflix. So I think you have to search for the right VPN, not just any and then give TC+ a try that way if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan View Post
    Tennis Channel+

I've tried a number of times, on a couple different devices, to access TC+ using a VPN but nothing ever loads. Has anyone had any success subscribing to this service from outside the US?

I've given up and am going to pay for access to tennis by purchasing subscriptions to TennisTV and DAZN, but it's expensive.
    Current Cable package: $7.00 per month - access to TSN & Sportsnet - Grand Slams, Davis Cup, Fed Cup, ATP 1000 & 500 events
    TennisTV: $190 per year - access to ATP
    DAZN: $210 per year - access to WTA
    I love my sport. But enough is enough. I would not pay $400/year for tennis, and then you have to pay for the NBA, and then NFL and pretty soon who knows what else.
    I mean: I am old enough to remember that the whole "point" about cable was that you paid for TV WITHOUT commercials. See how shafted we are.
    Missing winter...

I agree, which is why I think there's a way to make TC+ work, that would be enough access to both WTA and ATP without breaking the bank.

@skatingfan, I really think you just need to try out a different VPN, one that is known to be reliable for accessing USA streams. Express VPN and Nord VPN are ones to check out, but double check on Reddit for sure. There will be plenty of suggestions on which to use and help to troubleshoot on there if you run into trouble. It is unlikely to be for TC, but for Netflix or Hulu and it's likely similar geo blocks to overcome.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 06-20-2019 at 07:32 PM.

I use Nord VPN.

During the French Open there were shenanigans about what matches TC+ showed and didn't show. What I did was go to the RG site and click on one of the European outlets showing the matches live. I used a French TV outlet.

I changed my location to France on the VPN. Eurosport wouldn't work but France 24 (?) did and I got great coverage.

I pay yearly and it's not that big a dent in my wallet. Also multiple people can use your subscription.

Like Jazz said see which one is best for you.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I agree, which is why I think there's a way to make TC+ work, that would be enough access to both WTA and ATP without breaking the bank.

@skatingfan, I really think you just need to try out a different VPN, one that is known to be reliable for accessing USA streams. Express VPN and Nord VPN are ones to check out, but double check on Reddit for sure. There will be plenty of suggestions on which to use and help to troubleshoot on there if you run into trouble. It is unlikely to be for TC, but for Netflix or Hulu and it's likely similar geo blocks to overcome.
    I'm using Nord, and selecting the US but getting no where when I try to start the TC+. I just get an error message. I will try elsewhere online and see if find any hints.

Okay, let us know how it goes and report back. Unless you just don't mind the cost of the services available easily in Canada, I'm sure we can come up with a better option than spending that much.

As @Ti said, another option is just using the VPN to get access to the European and international feeds which have plenty of tennis on them. I watched tennis off them for years before there was better coverage on TC and ESPN in the US. If you go that route, you don't need to worry about adding the cost of a subscription, just paying for the VPN will allow you to access streams.

Great tennis coverage. ESPN LA is showing some of the Queen's matches. So they finish showing FAA-Stephanos and stop transmitting.
    To show the ATP TENNIS show.
    Makes sense.
    Missing winter...

FYI, Tennis Channel said during the broadcast today that if Andy and Feliciano won they'd be carrying the doubles match live tomorrow. They won, so that's likely to anchor live coverage tomorrow following the completion of all the singles' finals.

2019 Week 26
    6/24/19-6/30/19

One final week before Wimbledon, and there are two grass court tournaments on the docket. The ATP is solo in Antalya, while the WTA will be joining the ATP for the mixed event in Eastbourne. Keep an eye on this page for updates to Eastbourne and Antalya throughout the week.

https://onedrive.live.com/View.aspx?...BbDbX5KpkGMMes
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Just in case this is useful for anyone else, thought I'd mention that I did sign up for ESPN+ this year since I knew I'd be out of town during Wimbledon. But I did it through my phone so payment was through Google Play and cancellation will be through them as well. If any of your hang up with signing up for the service is difficulty cancelling in the future, this is a good way to go about it. Cancelling through Google Play is as easy as it gets for anything. I assume iTunes has a similar setup.

Also, you can use any free Google Play credit you have to pay for the subscription.

2019 Week 29
    7/15/19-7/21/19

There are four tournaments on tap this week. Check out below for guides to Bucharest, Lausanne, Båstad, Newport, and Umag !

https://onedrive.live.com/View.aspx?...BbDbX5KpkGMMes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234