Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

AMitS 2019: Yarra River Lounge

Welcome, one and all, to the annual edition of A Month in the Sun!!

This is where TAT's Fantasy Tennis season gets started, and we get the chance to get rid of that off-season rustiness and, perhaps, get an idea of where 2019 will be headed.

For those of you who are new to the game, or perhaps even to TAT: as many people can enter as they like. One team per person, though, and by all means: mingle!

Get to know the other players, find out what makes them tick, discuss the tournaments, complain about on-court clothing choices and get a drink (or two, or more if your choice goes down in flames) from our resident bartender.

Here's wishing all of us the best of luck!
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Re: AMitS 2019: Yarra River Lounge

1 match, 1 loss. I actually came down to Zhang vs Zheng... picked Zheng who's out before 2019 even hits.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I thought I'd be seen as a homer and someone living in the past picking Bouchard for my team. Yet she's easily the majority pick for an E player.

Yeah she occasionally showed some form last year...and there aren't many three time slam semi finalists in the E group. Of course, once a few people had her would've been hard for everyone not to. I didn't even really consider any other E players myself.

I had her and took her off because I thought that female space could be used better. But yes, she is a solid pick for that category. Would not surprise me if she has a decent run at the Aussie.
    Missing winter...

She looked like she was at least alive at the exhibition in Hawaii last week. She beat a decent player or two; I think Muguruza was one of them. Even though it was an exhibition, it was unusually good for a category E player. So, I am hoping that exhibition translates into better than average E player.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Ostapenko loses, winning only 2 games total. And Van Uytvanck retires in her first set of the year with an ankle injury. My women are off the a roaring start. At least Zhang also lost, so didn't really matter which one I picked.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 01-01-2019 at 07:00 AM.