Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  0

2018/19 Fantasy Football PLAYOFFS CHALLENGE

Hey Gang:
    I sent the invites to the Playoff challenge to the players in our league. However, as this contest does not makes us go 1 on 1, we can add more players.
    Please check your e-mail (if you were in our league) for the invite. If you did not get it, let me know so I can send you a personal one.
    If you were not in our league and want to join, send me a PM with your e-mail so I can invite you.

Here is the link to our PO CHALLENGE page:
    https://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/313145

Let me know if there are any issues.

Hope we will have fun.
    Starry starry night

Re: 2018/19 Fantasy Football PLAYOFFS CHALLENGE

BUMPING. Contest is now open.
    Starry starry night

The Nick Foles magical ride continues

1. TD on 4th down
    2. Timeout before made FG
    3. FG hit off left upright and crossbar for FG attempt under 50.

Foles just got a bigger contract somewhere. Saints better watch out especially after destroying Eagles in regular season
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

I don't remember the reason behind it, but Foles also had a $1million bonus on the line if he won yesterday.

As for the league...in reverse order of current point total.

Fumblenators clearly thinks the #1 seeds are going to the Super Bowl. Using the multiplier and loaded up on Chiefs/Saints.
    I only started 3 players (of the 8) who were in games this week, and 2 proceeded to lose. Not a shrewd strategy.
    Starkfan got hammered. Started 6 of 8, and all 6 lost. Will only have 2 players on multiplier this coming week.
    TATentertainers had 3 on bye, with 5 starters. 4 of those lost. One good thing is that Mahomes is going to be getting the multiplier this week.
    ShadowWarriors - went with half on bye, all Chiefs/Saints (including Mahomes). Lost 3 players this week so will have 5 on multiplier
    ptcmcmahon - In good shape - half of players were on bye, and of the 4 he started 2 advanced. Will have 6 players on multiplier. The 4 on bye were all Saints (including Brees), so clearly he has more trust in the Saints than anyone in the AFC.
    Boston Blizzard - comfortable lead after round 1, but something tells me the Blizzard didn't fully know about the multiplier rules - as all 8 starters were used. 4 of the 8 won, but lost his QB and 1 WR multiplier, so that is going to hurt. He should come back to the field this week.

Sincerely, this PO Challenge is not that thrilling. If I were the NFL, I would do something like our SP's: You have to pick one player per week and you get the points he gets. But you can't use him after that again.
    It would make you more involved and the multiplier rule would not come in effect.
    One of you guys in the USA could patent that idea, sell it to the NFL and retire.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by fastbackss View Post
    ptcmcmahon - In good shape - half of players were on bye, and of the 4 he started 2 advanced. Will have 6 players on multiplier. The 4 on bye were all Saints (including Brees), so clearly he has more trust in the Saints than anyone in the AFC.
    Actually, 3 of 4 advanced (Zeke, Ertz, Chargers D.) But like you said I'm sort of all in on the Saints...they lose and I'm screwed.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

And things, expectedly, reset some.

Fumblenators - last to first with the power of the multipliers. Going to be tough (nearly impossible) to dethrone if Saints and chiefs advance
    Shadow Warriors - will have 4 with 3x bonus, and 2 with 2x bonus. of interest is that he loaded up on Patriots. Patriots win on Sunday and he is in good shape.
    Boston Blizzard - because all the wild card winners lost yesterday he lost all chance of having 3x multipliers. May have to be creative in order to make up ground
    fastbackss - will have 5 3x and 2 2x, but likely not enough difference to make up ground.
    ptcmcmahon - will have 4 3x multipliers. The Chargers actually lost him points. If they had gotten 0 points he would have finished the week in 2nd place
    TAT entertainers - will have 3 3x multipliers. A few unique picks could help move up the chart.
    starkfan - all 8 players on his team won, but almost all performed apathetically, much like his team did the first week!. 2 will be on 3x, but the other 6 will get 2x

So, if the Patriots win this week... as if I needed another reason to loathe them.
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

This is still wide open since so many of us had loaded up on Saints and Chiefs. Our top two combined have one "player" left (a team defense.)

Shadow Warriors (in 3rd) had 3 people left...but didn't set lineup and had an open spot, or may have been in the best shape of all. Instead, Fumblenators seems to be in pretty decent shape with the lead, since very few of us are going to have high multipliers. I'm gonna need Michel to score all the touchdowns in the Super Bowl probably.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 01-21-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Fumblenators holds on - nice work!

Just got lucky with that open spot The Shadows left in week three. Otherwise, I am looking at second place.
    As I said, they (the NFL) should run this contest as we run our suicide pools. You choose one player for every position every week, but after that, you can't choose him again.
    But just my idea. See you next season, gang!
    Starry starry night

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Edelman almost took Shadows to the title single handedly!