Agree Agree:  626
Likes Likes:  1,515
Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133158173179180181182183
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 2740

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Didn't they ultimately determine that anxiety was the cause of Mardy Fish's late career medical problems?
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by jazzyg View Post
    I was one of those who felt he had a secret ban because he was absolutely phenomenal at his last tournament, destroying the field at the German Open. Then, suddenly, he has a case of mononucleosis so bad it ends his career? An issue he already had reportedly been suffering from before his brilliance in his final tournament?

The explanation of depression makes much more sense. I believe him this time.
    I don't think he is saying in any way that mono didn't end his career. I think he's saying he had severe anxiety and mono ending his career made his mental health even worse.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    Didn't they ultimately determine that anxiety was the cause of Mardy Fish's late career medical problems?
    Yup. He's continued to share his experiences. This is from this May:

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/mard...my-point-essay

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    I don't think he is saying in any way that mono didn't end his career. I think he's saying he had severe anxiety and mono ending his career made his mental health even worse.
    I play a lot of USTA leagues, and I have anxiety. I have cried behind the tarp during a match. Had a panic attack during my first-ever match at nationals, sobbing on the court the whole time. Actually played great and lost 7-5, 7-5 - without anxiety, I probably would have won that match. And so many others! But playing helps me confront the anxiety and measure progress. I just can't imagine competing at a high level with anxiety. I wonder if meds are allowed or if most of them violate doping policies. They're anti-depressants.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; Today at 10:31 AM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Barbora Strycova

Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Yup. He's continued to share his experiences. This is from this May:

https://www.atptour.com/en/news/mard...my-point-essay
    Mardy's heart and anxiety problems all started right after this

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Dayana is being ripped a new one over that pic. Big Sascha tried to defend her with a can't we all get along defense while others have said that as an Eastern European she's not really aware of what the connotations of blackface are.

I think if Bajin had known she was going to do this he would've stopped her.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Well, not smart in the current climate for sure. But is that really a blackface? Or perhaps I don't know what a "proper" blackface looks like
    Roger forever

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Dayana is being ripped a new one over that pic. Big Sascha tried to defend her with a can't we all get along defense while others have said that as an Eastern European she's not really aware of what the connotations of blackface are.

I think if Bajin had known she was going to do this he would've stopped her.
    For sure just lacking context but should still have known to ask someone with context whether this is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Well, not smart in the current climate for sure. But is that really a blackface? Or perhaps I don't know what a "proper" blackface looks like
    The left side of it is her with black skin, not another person... so, yes, blackface.

Page 183 of 183 FirstFirst ... 83133158173179180181182183