Agree Agree:  576
Likes Likes:  1,426
Page 143 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4393118133139140141142143144145146147153168 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2604

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

ATP Tour @atptour

Say “queso”(Cheese wedgeSmiling face with open mouth and tightly-closed eyes)

@AbiertoTelcel| @AlexZverev

https://twitter.com/i/status/1231800481707634689
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Feli's wife sure has a young face...

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Feli's wife sure has a young face...
    Maybe because she's in fact young
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Maybe because she's in fact young
    I was trying not to say back in the day that people would've said he robbed the cradle to be diplomatic.

Qatar Player's Party Pictures

Elise Mertens

Karolina Pliskova

Aryna Sabalenka

Laura Siegmund

Bethanie Mattek-Sands. No doubt @JT's favorite photo here

Nastia Pavlyuchenkova

Belinda Bencic

Donna Vekic and Maria Sakkari

Elina Svitolina. Ready to bring you your drink in first class in just one moment.

Aryna and Elise having a little fun. There was a photo booth with various things to take fun pictures that the players took advantage of.

Venus and her dog Harry doing press in Acapulco

Maria Sakkari and Anett Kontaveit at the National Museum of Qatar

Very nice photo of Petra Kvitova at the Qatar Open Gala

Sveta Kuznetsova at the Qatar National Library. This looks like quite a library!

Notice how many empty shelves in the library.
    Doha's architecture is impressive. The National Museum of Arab Art is outstanding. And then, it is also one of the most soul-less cities I have ever been to. Void of any charm.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Notice how many empty shelves in the library.
    Doha's architecture is impressive. The National Museum of Arab Art is outstanding. And then, it is also one of the most soul-less cities I have ever been to. Void of any charm.
    Is that intentional? Like they think that's the best way to be attractive to international visitors?

I've heard there's a wonderful traditional marketplace there that I'd assume is one of the places you could visit for charm. A shame that it sounds like there's not a ton of that there.

There is not much charm in Dubai either (not been to Doha). I wonder if it has something to do with their transient populations. Vast majority of people living there are not locals and do not intend to become locals.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Is that intentional? Like they think that's the best way to be attractive to international visitors?

I've heard there's a wonderful traditional marketplace there that I'd assume is one of the places you could visit for charm. A shame that it sounds like there's not a ton of that there.
    The traditional market (the Souq) was torn down to make place for a modern "wonderful" souq. In the process, they torn down a few hundred years of history. So the new souq looks and feels plastic, mainly because it is.
    Don't get me wrong, not everything is bad. The city is clean, there are very nice restaurants. The Iranians have a good presence so if you fancy Persian food and can't go to Iran (American) Doha will do.
    As Suliso says, it is the same as Dubai. Cities that seemed designed by Disney. If you want a real taste of the Middle East, go on to Muskat. Now, that is nice.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post

Aryna and Elise having a little fun. There was a photo booth with various things to take fun pictures that the players took advantage of.
    Brings back memories of the wonderful karaoke booth at Roland Garros a few years back.

Slightly overshadowed by a higher profile retirement, Vania King announced yesterday her last tournament will be Charleston
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Page 143 of 174 FirstFirst ... 4393118133139140141142143144145146147153168 ... LastLast