Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104154179194200201202203204
Results 3,046 to 3,055 of 3055

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

The staged pregnancy photo is the worst kind of photo
    This is not the bouquet you toss

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Cordae got slammed by some "men" for cheering so hard for Naomi especially after she won. These men think it's unseemly for a man to cheer his female partner hard, that it's unmanly. She, on the other hand, is supposed to cheer his getting up in the morning as a major accomplishment. I wish I was kidding. My first reaction to the picture was the same as most of us here. Once I saw a few of those tweets calling him a "simp" I think that is who he is flipping the bird at.

I don't like him for her either but I hope this puts that action into some context.
    If that is who he was targeting, there are several much more mature, more intelligent, and more effective ways to get one's message across than that.

And who's to say that is actually who he was targeting?
    I, personally, don't think he was targeting anyone - he was just doing it because he somehow thinks it's 'cool'. If he were 13 years old, it would still be stupid and immature, but would be more understandable, at least.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

I just sampled some of Cordae’s music, and unless Naomi’s off court hobbies include smoking weed and popping percs, I suspect they may just drift apart organically

Chan sisters

Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce* View Post
    If that is who he was targeting, there are several much more mature, more intelligent, and more effective ways to get one's message across than that.

And who's to say that is actually who he was targeting?
    I, personally, don't think he was targeting anyone - he was just doing it because he somehow thinks it's 'cool'. If he were 13 years old, it would still be stupid and immature, but would be more understandable, at least.
    Not defending this kid but... yeah, defending this kid. That gesture is actually a visual crutch for the new generation. It really means nothing by now because it is so common. He is not "flipping the bird" to anybody or anything in particular. I bet he could be in a shot with his mom and do the same thing. It is like this new habit of sticking your tongue out for photographs, which really, again, means nothing.
    C'mon, we all grew up reading CATCHER IN THE RYE. It is the same thing as Holden Caulfield wearing his cap backwards. "Hey, I'm a rebel, I sing to a different tune". That is all.
    Even if they all sing to the same different tune.

(And then Charlie slaps me with another OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUDS picture )
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by JTContinental View Post
    I just sampled some of Cordae’s music, and unless Naomi’s off court hobbies include smoking weed and popping percs, I suspect they may just drift apart organically
    They live together, so she might drift apart from him the way many of us did from bad decisions in our early 20s, or he might be a good choice and she sticks with him. But Naomi is fully in this relationship right now. This one picture shouldn't be the sole thing everyone here judges him on.

And you're selling his music short, he talks about much more than that. Boiling it down to just that is actually insulting and I'm not even a fan.
    Last edited by JazzNU; Today at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    Not defending this kid but... yeah, defending this kid. That gesture is actually a visual crutch for the new generation. It really means nothing by now because it is so common. He is not "flipping the bird" to anybody or anything in particular. I bet he could be in a shot with his mom and do the same thing. It is like this new habit of sticking your tongue out for photographs, which really, again, means nothing.
    C'mon, we all grew up reading CATCHER IN THE RYE. It is the same thing as Holden Caulfield wearing his cap backwards. "Hey, I'm a rebel, I sing to a different tune". That is all.
    Even if they all sing to the same different tune.

(And then Charlie slaps me with another OLD MAN YELLS AT CLOUDS picture )
    That's actually perfectly and elegantly stated.

(Color me SHOCKED!)

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    They live together, so she might drift apart from him the way many of us did from bad decisions in our early 20s, or he might be a good choice and she sticks with him. But Naomi is fully in this relationship right now. This one picture shouldn't be the sole thing everyone here judges him on.

And you're selling his music short, he talks about much more than that. Boiling it down to just that is actually insulting and I'm not even a fan.
    Like I said, I only sampled and I heard what I heard

Don't forget rappers are supposed to maintain the street thug persona no matter what their real lives are. If a lot of his work focuses on taking percocet and smoking weed it sounds pretty middle class to me. I'm using Long Island (Nassau and Suffok counties of NYS) and the borough of Staten Island as my examples.
    No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up. Lily Tomlin.

Doing some reading, he is in recovery

Page 204 of 204 FirstFirst ... 104154179194200201202203204