Agree Agree:  623
Likes Likes:  1,513
Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2979104119125126127128129130131132133139154179 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2727

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐫
    @robertmoor_
    Iíve unexpectedly found myself in a hotel in Brisbane that is hosting a pro tennis tournament. The elevators are filled with tall, slender, golden-skinned beings limping around in gym shorts and sandals.

tennis players I have seen in the flesh in the past 12 hours, ranked in order of beauty/beatitude:

1. Zverev
    2. Tsitsipas
    3. De Minaur

(Zverev is an actual, golden-haired Greek god. Tsitsipas is too, but ironically, somewhat less so. De Minaur is cute and boyishly restless, has a too-short haircut, and spends most of his time at breakfast staring at his phone, even when the other players are talking to him.)

Have started watching the ATP tournament on TV, and now recognize that Iíve seen almost everyone in it (including the coaches and the families) at the breakfast buffet or wherever, with the sole, striking exception of Novak, who is nowhere to be seen.

Do you reckon he stays at a fancier hotel than the other players, so as to psychologically reinforce the fact that he is a top-tier, elite player, which in turn helps him beat the other players, and thus afford ever-fancier hotels (ad .inf)?

Thatís what I would do, anyway.
    ďNo matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.Ē Ė Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    𝐑𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐭 𝐌𝐨𝐨𝐫
    @robertmoor_
    Iíve unexpectedly found myself in a hotel in Brisbane that is hosting a pro tennis tournament. The elevators are filled with tall, slender, golden-skinned beings limping around in gym shorts and sandals.

tennis players I have seen in the flesh in the past 12 hours, ranked in order of beauty/beatitude:

1. Zverev
    2. Tsitsipas
    3. De Minaur

(Zverev is an actual, golden-haired Greek god. Tsitsipas is too, but ironically, somewhat less so. De Minaur is cute and boyishly restless, has a too-short haircut, and spends most of his time at breakfast staring at his phone, even when the other players are talking to him.)

Have started watching the ATP tournament on TV, and now recognize that Iíve seen almost everyone in it (including the coaches and the families) at the breakfast buffet or wherever, with the sole, striking exception of Novak, who is nowhere to be seen.

Do you reckon he stays at a fancier hotel than the other players, so as to psychologically reinforce the fact that he is a top-tier, elite player, which in turn helps him beat the other players, and thus afford ever-fancier hotels (ad .inf)?

Thatís what I would do, anyway.
    Guessing with family, if they are there, Novak rents a house. I saw him at the hotel in Cincy about 10 years ago, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Amanda Anisimova celebrates Christmas and Hanukkah.

Caro, David and the Wozniacki/Lee family

Donna Vekic

Julia Goerges

Madison Keys (the back of her at least) with an anemic looking tree. But that is definitely her house, so still nice to see the overall look.

Maria Sakkari

Ajla Tomljanovc and family

Belinda Bencic

And this is what Simona posted for Christmas. So not engaged, but not hiding the relationship anymore (if that's what she was doing, she didn't used to post pictures of him).

Petra Kvitova

Karolina Pliskova

Krystna Pliskova

Angelique Kerber

Thanks for the pics!
    ďNo matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.Ē Ė Lily Tomlin.

Monica Puig and boyfriend Derek Dietrich

Alison Riske and the Riske/Amritaj family. Since Prakash is here as well (3rd from right), pretty sure far left and far right in the second photo are Alison's husband's father and uncle, who were professional tennis players as well.

Vika and Leo

JazzNU, Many thanks for posting these. I'm especially partial to the family photos that include the dogs!!

GH

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I haven't been around in at least 2 weeks. So I didn't post holiday photos. But players do have up pictures for the season. I can post what I see, but only if people are interested. I know some are sick of the holidays so maybe don't want to see it and if that's what most here are like, then that's okay. If this post gets at least 5 likes, I'll take that to mean people would like to see them and if not, we'll just move on with the new year.
    Click bait! Click here for the top 10 holiday photos... you won't believe #7!

I think on TAT the rule is 100% all of the time post pictures.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Thanks, Jazz! Sakkari's house/condo is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    I think on TAT the rule is 100% all of the time post pictures.
    Normally I'd agree that is likely true, but I've overheard multiple convos in the last week, a few that were in my office area though not people I'm friends with and others were on the train into work. "Goodness would people get over the holidays already! It's been dragging on long enough" was the general tone of these comments and then I heard this again on sports talk radio last week and this week. So I didn't want to be insensitive to people who struggle this time of year, which I do know is a thing even though I don't experience any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Normally I'd agree that is likely true, but I've overheard multiple convos in the last week, a few that were in my office area though not people I'm friends with and others were on the train into work. "Goodness would people get over the holidays already! It's been dragging on long enough" was the general tone of these comments and then I heard this again on sports talk radio last week and this week. So I didn't want to be insensitive to people who struggle this time of year, which I do know is a thing even though I don't experience any of it.
    Very conscientious of you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3mlm View Post
    Tomljanovic, Vekic, Sakkari and Kontaveit
    Thank you!

TA

And thank you JazzNU for posting last names with the pictures. I know it's more typing, but I appreciate it!
    Last edited by TennisAnyone74; 01-07-2020 at 03:16 PM.
    My Beloved Mother

Page 129 of 182 FirstFirst ... 2979104119125126127128129130131132133139154179 ... LastLast