Agree Agree:  284
Likes Likes:  810
Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4368838990919293
Results 1,381 to 1,385 of 1385

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff in TX View Post
    This shows how provincial I am. I cannot fathom who someone can run up a tab of $42,000 in 60 days or what the prices must be to get anywhere close to that tab. That must be some luxury digs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I didn't even absorb the number because it is so absurd. That's $700 per day.
    So, if you don't follow team sports, NFL and NBA in particular, you may not have seen something like this before unless you just have it like that. But it is a very common as an annual sort of hazing ritual by the veterans to stick the rookie with the tab. This has been going on forever, but with the advent of social media, we now see some of these bills of $50k and $70k dinners that some highly drafted sucker ends up having to pay. So how do you rack up a $42k tab? Buying alcohol. It's the culprit every time.

And while the most premium of liquors can definitely take up a nice portion of the bills, it always skyrockets when the best bottles of wine and champagne are added. I've seen when multiple bottles of wine take up $40k of a $60k bill.

So I'm sure this grifter was living it up, inviting friends along and ordering all kinds of wine and liquor he's always wanted to try, but would never pay for himself. And I'm guessing he did this over a handful or two of visits, as evidenced by how much he charged after the investigation began. Hope the experience was worth that prison time.

Re the Nike ad:

Steph
    @StephintheUS

Who is that behind Petra? Back corner?
    (...)
    haha Marketa V
    Erin ♑
    @E_Teezey1286
    Replying to
    @StephintheUS
    and
    @BDFoust
    Saw this in the comments on the WTA’s repost. Good catch.

There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Alexandra Stevenson. She's sitting in this week with the ESPN crew doing qualifying coverage.

Maria Sakkari, Ajla Tomljanović, and Donna Vekic having a girls night out dinner in NYC

Garbine Muguruza and Dominic Thiem co-hosting the Smash Bash Celebration of Tennis at Perrine. Garbine hosted it last year as well. Dominic looks like he didn't get the dress code memo.

Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4368838990919293