Results 3,331 to 3,342 of 3342
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by omess View Post
    Humm I didn’t know that ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Miles was speaking figuratively about self-censorship. You're of course "allowed" to discuss any topic on TAT, as long as it's done in a respectful way.

Well, I guess we have now an evidence Zverev not a particularly "nice" guy after all...
    Roger forever

And for a guy that does not have an aura of being the most mentally tough, let's see how this affects him. Having an accusation of being an abuser may even affect his sponsorships.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Sharypova responded to his statement. She posted notes in Russian and English to her Instagram stories. There was no new information in them other than she stands by her accusation.

She also gave a substantive interview to a prominent Russian sports site Championat (in Russian, https://www.championat.com/tennis/ar...m-nasilii.html) with more details, including Whatsapp screenshots between her and the friend who picked her up outside the hotel. Of course, you can fake screenshots, but I can tell you only that the conversations seems real (small typos, frenzied texts, friend's Russian responses sound like I would expect from a Russian speaker living in NY). Sharypova is a former junior player with lots of ties to the tennis community, so this may be more difficult to shut down than if she were from a different world.
    She also said in the first account, I believe, that it wasn't the last time it happened. They broke up shortly afterward, so he did it again in a short amount of time? This is really bad for him. Ben must be licking his chops and beating the bushes for sources right now.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

I think the Federer connection is what's keeping this relatively low key among tennis "journalists" at the moment. The Godsick/Federer agency has not done a great job with this - that statement was laughable in regards to Ms Sharypova's accusations - and even Ben may not go where angels fear to tread in the tennis world.

We'll see.
    ďNo matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.Ē Ė Lily Tomlin.

Meanwhile the French men are being, well, Frenchmen. I guess they expected top players to roll over and play dead for them.

Hermine is disappointed
    @MimineHB

Jo not trying to get any new friends on the tour. He just said he thinks the Big 3/4 has somewhat "killed" the game as for over 15 years they were winning everything, leaving little to no suspense 😂 #Twitch

"The difference between Roger and me? We both had maybe one real opportunity to win Roland, he took it. I didn't"

Gilles is basically saying Forget was s**t as DC captain lmao. We noticed Face with tears of joy (he didn't say his name but he criticized the management)

Wait wait wait, GaŽl just dropped a bomb. He said he fought in the locker room with a teammate during his first DC selection EyesEyes? Spill the tea hun

"Who's the funniest?"
    All: Richie
    Lmao yes, jokes at his expense

Gilles is apparently even likely to forget his badges

GaŽl is always late, to the point of sometimes not even showing up in the end
    (Caribbean bloodlines and French. Of course)

Who's always complaining on the court?
    Jo *immediately raising his hand*
    Richie: you're a legend, even sometimes complaining about the sun, the light, your opponent's racket

Sugar is here
    Gilles called him "chouchou", I'm melting

Who eats the healthiest food?
    *Gilles just suggested to Sugar that he should switch the green beans he will have for dinner to fries*
    GaŽl: yeah definitely not Gilles, he's a "Club sandwich, pepito" man.

Who's a sore loser?
    Unanimously: "JO"
    GaŽl: altho I remember Richie throwing a PS controller into the wall after losing a FIFA match

Who had the best career?
    Richie: Jo was a very promising player from the start and had the best results.
    Gilles: Jo at the beginning but GaŽl is more impressive as he gets older
    I swear they are all talking as if they're retired already

Jo said he's back to physical training now and will be back on the courts soon. He wants to play AO hopefully but he's aiming at coming back in January anyway.
    He's dedicating all his free time to his "All in Academy", Elsa Jacquemot who won RG20 junior was part of it.

They're discussing about Gaston now and the French New Gen as a whole. Richie says it's important for them as the "older" gen to support them because they didn't have that kind of support from the previous gen.

GaŽl says it's important to not "overestimate" Gaston's perf as it is just the beginning for him. It's hard to go back to the Challenger level after a performance like this in a GS.

Jo insists on how important "sharing their experience as former top players" to these youngsters is, maybe as a coach even.
    Gilles said he never really received any kind of advice from the previous gen.

Also I LIVE for GaŽl hyping up Jo's career any opportunity he gets, "we saw the frenzy around Hugo, it was as big as Jo reaching a GS final after beating Rafa, just for a 4th round"

Gilles says PTPA is a good initiative as players are badly represented within the ATP and don't really profit from all the money tournaments make. But he concludes by saying that, as of now, it's nothing at all, completely empty.

Ouch, Richie explains that it's harder and harder for him to play tennis and he might even retire next year. Says it's possible #Gasquet

Richie says he's even more impressed by Roger's longevity. "We keep saying he has a less physical game but he plays the same sport, with the same effort, he just doesn't show it." Only one Roger per generation
    Gilles concludes, "there won't be another Roger even"

Gilles and Richie: we're at a stage of our career where we're just trying to stay healthy. Winning is just a bonus

Beni joined as Jo had to leave, says he's very grateful he had GaŽl, Jo, Richie and Gilles to give him advice and support him. They're great role models

According to Ben, Richie is a great player in more ways than one

Gilles says he had a lot of fun as the team captain at the ATP Cup. He loved managing the "brats"

GaŽl is thinking of organizing a press conference on Twitch with few French players, Ben (who apparently has some beef with few journos) isn't really excited.
    Says he received tons of hateful messages after his loss in Kazakhstan and that journos are usually hard on him too

Richie can't wait to read Gilles' book, he even forgot he was writing one because he told him about it like three years ago

They're now comparing the number of wins they had this year
    Richie: I had two maybe, UTS excluded. Best year ever
    Beni: I only won my match at Roland because my opponent never played on clay Loudly crying face
    GaŽl: yeah next question

Richie is getting railed to give the name of his gfS (plural???)
    So he's like" wait you don't remember what a player GaŽl was before 'getting married' huh? And Beni you want to talk? Are you sure???"

@FFLose
    Richard est un fan, "au moins c'est fait avec humour" (at least it's fun)
    Benoit aussi "c'est franco, c'est drŰle, sans animositť"
    Richie: "on est quand mÍme des bons clients aussi"

Richard says having a great career in juniors didn't help him AT ALL.
    Benoit says it's still the same today

(...)

"WTA crush?"
    Beni: one that we DIDN'T date?
    Lmao
    Richie: Kirilenko
    GaŽl: Richie I think you're forgetting some *insert random private joke*
    Beni: Bouchard is pretty
    Richie: Ivanovic is a beautiful woman still

"Do you sometimes use a MTO to regain some momentum?"
    Richie: look, when I do that, usually I'm shaking your hand at the net in the next 10 minutes
    GaŽl: you're the bathroom break expert anyway

Richie is impressed by the ability of the Big3 to keep improving themselves and their games even at 30+. He says they play even better now than they did at the beginning of their careers
    Beni: and they manage to keep their motivation every tournament and every week

Time for some anecdotes
    GaŽl: last year, DC, 1 am. I owed him a TON of money because I kept on losing at FIFA. I ended up giving him all the gifts I got from the Masters

Apparently Benoit and GaŽl lost astronomical sums of money at Fifa.
    GaŽl: Beni gave Sock his AO prize money

And the live is done. It was a really fun moment between fellow players and most importantly friends Smiling face with heart-shaped eyes.
    (Sorry for the extremely long thread
    ďNo matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.Ē Ė Lily Tomlin.

Ben has evidently interviewed Olga and will publish something soon.

Melzer will retire after AO 2021. Says his last goal is to qualify for WTF but doesn't want his last match to be played without spectators. He will then work for the Austrian Tennis Federation.

https://www.derstandard.at/story/200...el-von-juergen

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oliver0001 View Post
    Melzer will retire after AO 2021. Says his last goal is to qualify for WTF but doesn't want his last match to be played without spectators. He will then work for the Austrian Tennis Federation.

^ He's been around forever.
    Best wishes to him - he's had a respectable career.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Roger forever

I remember when she was a "for sure" Grand Slam winner. That generation had so many ups and downs.
    They seem happy. Good.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by oliver0001 View Post

Let's see if the second retirement sticks.

Page 223 of 223 FirstFirst ... 123173198213219220221222223