Agree Agree:  17
Likes Likes:  37
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    It is isn't it? I wonder if they let her keep it?
    This is when all the towel-thieving would come in handy.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    Angelique Kerber
    ‏Verified account
    @AngeliqueKerber

The new @adidastennis x @parleyxxx collection created from up-cycled plastic waste. #HereToCreate #adidasParley #createdwithadidas

My dream outfit. Iíll buy it on clearance even though it wont quite fit, and it will be my goal to fit into it by summer leagues.

ASHLEIGH BARTY NAMED NATIONAL INDIGENOUS TENNIS AMBASSADOR
    "I'm a very proud Indigenous woman and I think that for me taking on this role is something very close to my heart. I'm very excited," Barty said.

Darwin NT, Australia, 15 April 2018 | Tennis Australia

Australia’s top-ranked tennis player and world No.18 Ashleigh Barty has been named National Indigenous Tennis Ambassador in a move to attract more Indigenous youth to tennis.

The appointment comes following a break-out year in 2017, where Barty was awarded the Female Sportsperson of the Year in the National Dreamtime Awards, as well as the highest honour in Australian tennis the Newcombe Medal.

Ashleigh was welcomed to the Northern Territory to make the announcement and given an exclusive tour of the new Darwin International Tennis Centre at Marrara, which will host the National Indigenous Tennis Carnival for the first time in September.

“I’m a very proud Indigenous woman and I think that for me taking on this role is something very close to my heart. I’m very excited,” Barty said.

“If we can get more kids playing tennis more kids enjoying tennis across Australia within the Indigenous communities that would be amazing.

“This annual National Indigenous Tennis Carnival will be an amazing event, for not only tennis across Australia but especially Indigenous tennis. To bring all of the kids together to give them an opportunity to showcase what they’re capable of,” she continued.

Tennis NT CEO Sam Gibson said both the appointment of Barty and the carnival were important steps in providing Indigenous youth more opportunities to play tennis.

“Ash is an incredible ambassador for the sport and her community. We’re hoping her appointment as the National Indigenous Tennis Ambassador along with the inaugural National Indigenous Tennis Carnival will help us take tennis into more communities. Ultimately what we want to see is Indigenous youth from across the country really explore their passion for tennis and grow their love for it,” Gibson said.

“Whilst a lot of the activity will be on the court, the carnival will also be a celebration of culture off the court with music and arts and the like.

“Part of our commitment with the Northern Territory Government when building the new facility at Marrara was to stage the National Indigenous Tennis Carnival in Darwin each year and we are excited for the first one to take place this September,” he continued.

As part of her trip to the Top End, Ashleigh Barty flew to the remote Wurrumiyanga community on Bathurst Island and conducted a tennis clinic at the local Murrupurtiyanuwu Catholic School.

Tarlina Tipungwuti, a former tennis player and AFL footballer, who has just completed the Tennis Australia Foundation Coaching course, joined Barty in giving some lucky Tiwi Island kids their first taste of tennis.

Tipungwuti is set to become a Community Sport and Recreation Officer, delivering ANZ Tennis Hot Shots and community tennis to kids on Bathurst Island.

For Sam Gibson, conducting regular clinics in remote communities is just one way Tennis NT is enhancing the capacity of local communities to deliver quality participation program.

“Our Indigenous Tennis Program will introduce tennis to more than 1000 remote children throughout the NT each year,” Gibson said.

“Working with Regional Councils, Northern Territory Government and NT Schools, the program will deliver the ANZ Tennis Hot Shots to schools and communities, in the hope of building subsequent competitive pathways throughout the year.”

https://www.tennis.com.au/news/2018/...nis-ambassador
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    My dream outfit. I’ll buy it on clearance even though it wont quite fit, and it will be my goal to fit into it by summer leagues.
    Your dream outfit? Is everything I think I know about you a lie?
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Milking that trophy fotr as many photo shoots as she can? I can't remember people taking photo shoots with trophies a year after they've won it before.
    OMG so messed up, but a friend of mine said the same thing LOL

Aga Radwanska and her new face. It wasn't good for her to "bulk up" while playing because it would make her "less feminine" per her team but I guess now that she's retired this is okay?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any significant bulking up
    Roger forever

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

She looks like she has fillers in her cheeks! Unless thatís the make-up?

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Maybe I'm blind, but I don't see any significant bulking up
    Aga before

She's shot her face full of fillers to the point she looks bloated and now has "Joker mouth"

The bulking up comment was about the comments made that she didn't work out the way other women players did to maintain her feminine form. Now she "bulked up" in a different way and looks ten years older.

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    My dream outfit. I’ll buy it on clearance even though it wont quite fit, and it will be my goal to fit into it by summer leagues.
    The sleeve thing looks like it might chafe.

I like the color a lot

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    The sleeve thing looks like it might chafe.
    With all my stiff and achey spots, I wouldn't notice a chafing armhole

Re Aga ó the dark look doesnít work for her. As for whatís going on with her face, I think we need to see other pictures before deciding if she just put on weight or had work done.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567