Agree Agree:  408
Likes Likes:  1,168
Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 247499114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1970

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Kiki, congratulations on your marriage to Justin Trudeau!
    They say everyone has a twin right?
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    Kiki, congratulations on your marriage to Justin Trudeau!
    Oh, I thought it was a young Patrick Dempsey!
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Ons Jabeur
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

Ons Jabeur
    Looks like she's married. They are both wearing rings. Didn't know...

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Looks like she's married. They are both wearing rings. Didn't know...
    She is married. I assumed that he's her husband.

― Frank Zappa

She has been married for 4 years now. All I could find is that his name is Karim and he is a fencer or maybe was.
    Roger forever

Wang Yafan married Tang Jiajian

― Frank Zappa

Wozniacki is retiring after the Australian Open. She's only 29, so I suspect this is retirement #1.

She said her arthritis isn't a factor. “I don’t think it is hindering me,” she says. “It makes some things more challenging, but I feel great in the day-to-day. I feel like I can do anything, and I’ve won some of my biggest titles of my career with this illness.”
    https://people.com/health/caroline-w...ce=twitter.com
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 12-06-2019 at 07:21 AM.

But maybe not. I believe she is a realist and she can see that she can't compete with the new generation, which is as fast as she is but hits harder.
    Plus she will have many other sources of income to cling to. I doubt Adidas will drop her that fast. She does look great in their outfits.
    Kind of I am not going to miss her. She was fun as a person but her game was very flat for my taste. Wish her well, though.
    Missing winter...

I think it was obvious during the last year that her heart wasn't into playing anymore. She really wanted to win a Slam and reach #1. Both missions accomplished and now it's time to move on.

I liked her as a person too, wishing all the best. Maybe she stays involved in tennis in some other way, probably after having few kids.
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I think it was obvious during the last year that her heart wasn't into playing anymore. She really wanted to win a Slam and reach #1. Both missions accomplished and now it's time to move on.

I liked her as a person too, wishing all the best. Maybe she stays involved in tennis in some other way, probably after having few kids.
    She might miss it in a couple years and try to come back. Who knows. My point is, she won't be too old. But she also might NOT come back. Most people don't, really.

Shouldn't this be discussed in the Tennis Random 2.0 thread? This is major tennis news, not social media and private life. Plenty don't check in here because it's extra stuff, not on-the-court related.

Yes, albeit we'll probably discuss it a lot more when the date comes. I think many of us check TAT only lightly during off season
    Roger forever

Later Caro
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

In other retirement news Ana Lena Grönefeld has announced official retirement and CSN says 2020 season will be her last.
    Roger forever

Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 247499114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast