Agree Agree:  17
Likes Likes:  37
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

Elina Svitolina looking like an older version of herself.

One of us said she never looks the same in her pictures and so far they've been 100% correct.
    Did she get a car or a house for Christmas?
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Cam Norrie and Katie Boulter
    This wins for me the Americans too, although Serena remind me a little of Tina Turner in that dress

I think I'll agree with Liam on the best-dressed duo. But a comment: As red-carpet fashions go, this is a really good group. There was nothing that was terrible, though my least favorite was Belinda Bencic.

GH

My least favorite was Ash Barty. I have no idea what that gown was doing. It was going in several different directions at once.

I think Liam is correct in who is the best dressed duo.

I thought Serena's dress was too girly but she's been all over the map lately with fashion and not in a totally good way. The photoshoot where she was in a white dress was the best I've seen.

And yes the players all stepped up their game fashion wise at this event.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Ash Barty and Matt Ebden
    Is the photo booth about to fall over in this shot or something?

Ferrer has aged 20 years since I last saw him--I wouldn't have recognized him.

I'll go with the US for best dressed; Tiafoe looks hubba hubba in a suit.
    Last edited by JTContinental; 01-01-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

Naomi Osaka celebrates her coach Sascha Bajin receiving his Coach of the Year for 2018 award.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Serena Williams and Frances Tiafoe
    Serena looks good, but her facial expression suggests she saw Carlos Ramos in the crowd or something
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Reports are she was not at all happy with how Mr. Tiafoe comported himself on court and that she let him know how she felt off court. On court she was in teaching mode.

Reports are she was not at all happy with how Mr. Tiafoe comported himself on court and that she let him know how she felt off court. On court she was in teaching mode.
    Playing-wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    Playing-wise?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes

Is Serena really in a position to lecture anyone on on-court behavior? You cannot be serious.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Photoshopped but at least she's recognizable via her IG/FB

He missed SO many easy volleys. It really seemed like she would have been better off with almost anyone who could serve decently. In the top 200 singles and doubles, I think his volleys would rank near the bottom (at least for that week). I've never seen him play doubles before, though, so he may have been nervous and overwhelmed.

Those reports strike me as pure rumor, though. How would it happen in a way where someone was there to eavesdrop and then tell people? Why would she waste her time with that, when her daughter is waiting for her?

Something encouraging, but stern, might make sense. "Nice serve, but fix your volleys" on her way out the door. That could light a fire under him. I just don't see a full dressing down.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast