Agree Agree:  635
Likes Likes:  1,522
Page 173 of 185 FirstFirst ... 73123148163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2768

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Oh wow, at some beaches they do keep social distancing!
    Looks pretty private to me
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Angie

Roger forever

Svitolina

Roger forever

Peloton was on ESPN today with "sports people." Puig and Azarenka were on the ladies side. I didn't see any male tennis players

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Part of me feels bad and thinks it’s wrong for her to become publicly involved in matters like this at such a young age; that she should be revelling in the joy and innocence of youth rather than making political statements and putting herself out there to be criticized by some...

And another part of me is brought to tears by her statement, and admires her a great deal for doing this...

'Coco Gauff delivers a powerful message on police brutality in the wake of George Floyd's death'

https://www.insider.com/video-coco-g...utality-2020-5
    Last edited by Deuce*; 05-30-2020 at 10:05 PM.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Daria Kasatkina

Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce* View Post
    Part of me feels bad and thinks it’s wrong for her to become publicly involved in matters like this at such a young age; that she should be revelling in the joy and innocence of youth rather than making political statements and putting herself out there to be criticized by some...

And another part of me is brought to tears by her statement, and admires her a great deal for doing this...

'Coco Gauff delivers a powerful message on police brutality in the wake of George Floyd's death'

https://www.insider.com/video-coco-g...utality-2020-5
    Chris Evert's Twitter feed is an eye opener for me. In a good way.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Karlina cooking

Garbine having fun on Geneva lake

Anastasia Potapova in one of those funny swings

Roger forever

Those swings are everywhere!

Random thought: In which other sport can one become rich and famous and continue living in one's hometown wherever it happens to be? Some types of auto racing, boxing, cycling, golf to some extent and that's about it...
    Roger forever

I think a lot of NBA and NFL stars keep two homes - one where they live and one where they work. I could be wrong though.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    I think a lot of NBA and NFL stars keep two homes - one where they live and one where they work. I could be wrong though.
    Of course one can own many properties at that income level, but how much time would really Nadal be able to spend at Majorca if he were an NBA star instead?
    Last edited by suliso; 06-01-2020 at 01:51 PM.
    Roger forever

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    That makes sense for the NFL, they have a pretty short season (and maybe get a few days off after each game?) It seems odd for the NBA though (and NHL, MLB) where you'd be away from your primary home continuously for about 7 or 8 months of the year. Who knows though, rich people do odd things.

Grand Slam Champion
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

If you're married and have children, you don't necessarily want to move your family around with you twice a year. Especially if you live someplace warm (southern US) and play in the northern US or Canada, specifically for NHL or NBA. In team sports, you're always liable to be traded. Not such a huge disruption if it's just a spouse, but they probably don't want to be worrying about moving school-age children in the middle of the school year. In baseball especially, the family can move up to join you for July and August, and then the athlete returns to the family home for the offseason.

But what about curling players?

Kevin

Page 173 of 185 FirstFirst ... 73123148163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast