Agree Agree:  572
Likes Likes:  1,423
Page 156 of 174 FirstFirst ... 56106131146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,340 of 2599

Re: Tennis Players Random, Random

Rafa vs Maribel via IG. She's his sister.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-kVHe8o...d=kmm9orq3oota

It's very similar to the one the Fognini's posted last week. They used an ironing board.
    “No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up.” – Lily Tomlin.

Stanislas Wawrinka
    @stanwawrinka

Which Stan are you going to be on this Saturday night?
    #FakeItTillYouMakeIt #QuarantineFridayNight #Bored #And #Crazy #PickYourStan #StanTheMan #StaySafe #stayhome

Aliaksandra Sasnovich

Petra Martic has been perfecting her baking while in isolation. She has a few photos up of cooking and baking, looks like a very nice kitchen.

Domi has a pregnancy cover shoot. And she has one picture up from it. It's super Kim K. You can't see it if you just visit her IG page (I don't think at least, it's on IG Stories), but she's got a great sense of humor about it, people have been posting funny comparison photos back to her.

https://www.instagram.com/domicibulkova/
    Last edited by JazzNU; 04-05-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Internazionali Bnl @InteBNLdItalia

�� Continuano le sfide in casa #Pennetta - #Fognini...
    Stavolta con un arbitro di sedia d'eccezione ������
    #tennis #ibi20

Last week it was the ironing board. This week:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1247058028387536898

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    She forgot the bottom half.
    Said a woman or a gay man.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

The most strange, infuriating, entertaining, unfathomable, inexplicable player on either tour:
    Tennis-Australia's Kyrgios offers to drop food at doorstep of those in need

The one guy that can be the most absolute jerk on court, and then off course he does things like this.
    (Remember the story of him helping some people change a flat tire).

Kudos to him. Full respect here. Now, please, start playing to your fullest. When it goes back to normal.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Been playing a long while Deuce*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    The most strange, infuriating, entertaining, unfathomable, inexplicable player on either tour:
    Tennis-Australia's Kyrgios offers to drop food at doorstep of those in need

The one guy that can be the most absolute jerk on court, and then off course he does things like this.
    (Remember the story of him helping some people change a flat tire).

Kudos to him. Full respect here. Now, please, start playing to your fullest. When it goes back to normal.
    Kyrgios is the very definition of a pure enigma...
    He can be the most vile, despicable, irritating, disrespectful player on the tour.
    But he can also be the most kind, respectful, and enjoyable player on the tour.

When you watch the majority of his matches, you see a player who seems to hate the game of tennis. But he actually loves tennis. What he hates - as well as loves - is the spotlight, the attention, the rules, etc. that go along with the game.
    I have seen him on the practice court, and there, it is incredibly clear and obvious that this guy absolutely loves the game of tennis. No doubt whatsoever. He perhaps is more in love with the game than is any other player on tour. But his insecurity prevents him from admitting or expressing that - because in so doing, he'd be revealing his true self. And he's terrified of revealing his true self. So he has found a way to keep everyone completely off balance - with his radically inconsistent behaviour.

He is incredibly misunderstood - but that is entirely his own doing. He WANTS to be misunderstood - that's why his behaviour is so radically inconsistent. He wants to keep everyone off balance - it's his way of hiding himself.
    He obviously has problems - largely emotional in nature. He is incredibly up and down emotionally - his emotional state goes from one extreme to the other, and seems very erratic. But I think it's done mostly both consciously and deliberately. As a means of self-protection.

He is clearly very insecure, and his 'disguising' his true self is what keeps him emotionally safe. No-one can define him or pin him down - therefore, no-one can hurt him. It's all a defense mechanism.

I was hoping that experience and maturity would overcome his fears by now, but that hasn't happened yet. I think it will take a particular individual to get through and reach him. It might be a coach, or another player... it might be someone not associated with tennis at all. Kyrgios is like a lock, and no-one has yet found the key that fits the lock. I thought maybe John McEnroe might be able to - because there are some similarities between the two. But he failed.
    I hope someone finds the key soon - because he is an incredible natural tennis talent. And it's a damned shame that his talent is tainted by his all too often unacceptable behaviour.
    * Yes, it's me (last seen on TW boards in 2009).

Karolina Pliskova on the cover of Czech Marie Claire in April.

Why is she standing like that?
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Nick Kyrgios is uber talented at playing the game of tennis. However, he is incapable of managing ANY aspect of the game except cashing a pay cheque. Time for him to find a new vocation.

p.s. He could cure COVID, cancer and lyme disease, but he's still a prick. I don't think I'll ever be able to square his humanitarian prowess off the court with his douche baggery on it.
    Last edited by the Moz; 04-07-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Sure. He is a prick.
    Then he offers to deliver food to people during a pandemic? He pulls over and helps two strangers fix a flat tire? He is friends with all his colleagues?
    Give me more pricks like that. I just won't play tennis with them.
    Yes, I agree with you. On court, sometimes he deserves to be shot. But the point is that his persona OFF court makes no sense with what you see on it. McEnroe was an idiot on and off court. Connors and Nastase too. Kyrgios? I don't think I would mind having a beer with him. Maybe two.
    Face it. It's the apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Why is she standing like that?
    Covering up her bad side? Photographer thought it looked good I guess. It's definitely a bit awkward, but I've seen it work with professional models more than it does here.

ATPThirst @AtpThirst

Investigative journalist, tennis player and Goddess, Venus Williams, really probing and getting to the real issue of what we all wanted to see from Grigor.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1247569276925607936

Page 156 of 174 FirstFirst ... 56106131146152153154155156157158159160166 ... LastLast