Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  4
    Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Maintenance and updates

At some point this month I'll need to take our forum offline for an extended period of time, somewhere on the order of a couple of hours. I don't know when that will be, but it will be late at night during a slow time. I need to do some house cleaning and install a few new things. When I have more information I'll post it here, but I did want to get the word out early.

We're definitely going to buy a new fancier schmancier photo gallery (fancier schmancier for forums anyway) and maybe get some interest there. And I'd really like to do something to bring more attention and activity to our blogs capability. I'm not sure what that will be. I'm also going to see what it will take to get everything that's done here secured. We don't deal with sensitive material, but being secure appears to be the way to go. Other forums, facebook, twitter, etc. have all gone that route.

Anyway, keep an eye on this thread for updates.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: Maintenance and updates

According to a few articles I've read, setting up the forum to use https, thereby securing the info that goes to and from TAT, should be a fairly easy and inexpensive thing to do. Of course, the "easy" part is usually were problems arise. So time will tell.

I'm thinking I'll probably do the forum things on the weekend of the 22nd. I expect a lot of our members will be busy with Christmas/Family stuff at that time which will be a good time to shut TAT down for a bit. Pencil in Saturday night (12/22) between 11pm and Midnight (Eastern time) and expect us to be offline for several hours - at least.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Bumpity bump.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

It looks like I'm going to move this to the following Saturday night, Dec. 29th. I forgot one of my daughters and granddaughter will be here next week.