Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Maintenance and updates

Quote Originally Posted by dave g View Post
    No, that didn't work either.
    Does this link work?

https://live-tennis.eu/en/atp-live-s...eight_xdc_3056

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    OK. My next suggestion would be to try a different browser. If you're using Windows you should have Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. If you're on a Mac you should have Safari. Try one of those.
    Internet Explorer is actually working.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

So there's something going on with your Google Chrome. Let me do a little research. I also use Chrome so maybe I can recreate the problem and find the fix for you.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Dave, I made some changes. Does it work now for you in Chrome?

Dave, I made some changes. Does it work now for you in Chrome?
    No.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Well, damn.

dave, have you tried deleting cookies/cache? (sorry if I missed this.) Also, a few months back I was having major issues with chrome which were resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling, so I just wanted to throw that out there too.

This will not help one bit but I stopped using Chrome because it was acting weird in my laptop.
    Every now and then an improperly loaded page, way longer to log in to anything, etc.
    Missing winter...

There are advantages to having no clue how to do any of the things you guys have been discussing. I have never had the least trouble getting the live scores by clicking on that tab. I wouldn't know how to do anything more. GH

Quote Originally Posted by ponchi101 View Post
    This will not help one bit but I stopped using Chrome because it was acting weird in my laptop.
    Every now and then an improperly loaded page, way longer to log in to anything, etc.
    I actually have mostly switched to Firefox. I still have Chrome loaded though and use it occasionally. For some reason, if I go to Netflix using Chrome, my cpu usage spikes and my system will end up crashing. That was what caused me to switch.

I use Opera as my main browser.

I use Chrome very, very rarely.
    There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.”

― Frank Zappa

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I used to use Firefox exclusively. I'm not sure why I switched to Chrome.

I used to use Firefox exclusively. I'm not sure why I switched to Chrome.
    At this moment, I am fine with using Chrome for most things and Internet Explorer for LiveScores.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

It also looks like this is going to be more than a simple bit of maintenance. Without getting too far into the weeds, at the end of the year, the version of a program that runs on our server (that is needed for websites to work) will no longer receive security updates. This means we have to have that program updated to a more recent version.

It was this same necessity that caused us to lose our old TAT Chat years ago then, more recently, our old Recent Post Bars.

I haven't done a lot of research yet, but I'm pretty sure what's possibly in danger this time would be our Awards System and Arcade. (With the awards being such an integral part of our community, if necessary, I'll find a comparable replacement. We will not lose contest awards altogether.)

With the holidays here and family on the way, I won't be able to do this bigger update until after the first of the year. I'll need to copy TAT onto a non-accessible server here at home and do the upgrade to it to see what's going to be broken and what I will need to do to fix it.

Anyway, I said all that to say what I'm going to do on the 29th will not be as big as I intended as the bigger stuff will have to wait until we get that server program updated. As always, any updates that will take a substantial amount of time will be done later at night so as to be as inconvenient as possible.

Merry Christmas, btw, to you all!!!

--Kirk
    I haven't forgotten about this. I've been trying to get a working copy of TAT set up here at home and for some reason, I imagine the size of the database we've created over the years, I haven't been successful. I also haven't forgotten about the new photo gallery. That's still in the works, but not until I can get our server software updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123