Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  15
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Maintenance and updates

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Works for me...although I bookmarked a direct link to it, so scores would actually show in my time zone

https://www.scoreboard.com/tennis/
    When I use the "Live Scores" tab, I get an empty page with the circular spinning error. When I click on your link, I get a page with the scoreboard background and the circular spinning error, but no scores.
    My Suicide Draw Pool avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave g View Post
    I am having trouble getting "Live Scores" to run successfully. Am I the only person, or is this a general problem?
    I am not having any problems. When I click the Live Scores tab/button, it opens a new window for me. I'm using Firefox right now. Make sure no pop-up blockers, etc. are in the way? I think javascript is used to open it, but here is the address that shows in the address bar of the new window: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...eight_xdc_5358

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Kirk, would switching to HTTPS have any effect on spambot traffic to our site? Is that a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by texasniteowl View Post
    I am not having any problems. When I click the Live Scores tab/button, it opens a new window for me. I'm using Firefox right now. Make sure no pop-up blockers, etc. are in the way? I think javascript is used to open it, but here is the address that shows in the address bar of the new window: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...eight_xdc_5358
    I tried turning my pop-up blocker off, but it made no difference. I can get the scores from tennis.com, but their format is a lot less compact than Live Scores.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Kirk, would switching to HTTPS have any effect on spambot traffic to our site? Is that a factor?
    I don't think so. Really the only thing the HTTPS does is encrypt the information going to and from TAT so if it's intercepted enroute it's useless.

Quote Originally Posted by dave g View Post
    I tried turning my pop-up blocker off, but it made no difference. I can get the scores from tennis.com, but their format is a lot less compact than Live Scores.
    Dave, what exactly happens when you click on the Live Scores link? If I had more information I might be able to help.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkus View Post
    Dave, what exactly happens when you click on the Live Scores link? If I had more information I might be able to help.
    A new window opens in the upper left hand corner, as usual. But the loading symbol runs, but the site does not load.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Can you get the scores by clicking on this main link?

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...eight_xdc_3594

Can you get the scores by clicking on this main link?

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum...eight_xdc_3594
    No.

What browser are you using? I'm no expert, but since the page source for the scores contains almost nothing except a javascript, you have some sort of conflict/issue going on with the ability to run a javascript.

Quote Originally Posted by texasniteowl View Post
    What browser are you using? I'm no expert, but since the page source for the scores contains almost nothing except a javascript, you have some sort of conflict/issue going on with the ability to run a javascript.
    I am using Google Chrome.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

OK. Let's see if Java has been disabled in Google Chrome. Look under Chrome in the top left and go to Preferences. Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced. This should extend the page. Under the next heading, Privacy and Security, towards the bottom of that section you should see Content Settings. Click on that. On the page that opens, several items down, should be JavaScript. If that is disabled, enable it. If it's already enabled, we'll have to try something else.

OK. Let's see if Java has been disabled in Google Chrome. Look under Chrome in the top left and go to Preferences. Scroll to the bottom and click on Advanced. This should extend the page. Under the next heading, Privacy and Security, towards the bottom of that section you should see Content Settings. Click on that. On the page that opens, several items down, should be JavaScript. If that is disabled, enable it. If it's already enabled, we'll have to try something else.
    My Java Script is not disabled. So, we will need to try something else.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

OK. My next suggestion would be to try a different browser. If you're using Windows you should have Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge. If you're on a Mac you should have Safari. Try one of those.

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

If that doesn't work, try this link: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/ls.html

If that doesn't work, try this link: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/ls.html
    No, that didn't work either.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast