Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Predictions : Week of 111218

This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Monday December 25,2017, you are eligible to participate.

For the ATP, we have London while the bonus round have the final round of the Federation Cup World Group for our Bonus category.

LONDON : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte.../WTF-2018.html Predictions are due before the start of play on Sunday at NOON local (USA: 7 AM EST - 4 AM PST)

The 8 qualifiers vying for medals are:
    1. Omegadoom
    2. Miles
    3. FEBravo
    4. AtlPam
    5. Drop-shot
    6(tie). Daveg
    6(tie). Tenedab
    8. Dryrunguy

Alt 1: MysterX
    Alt 2: Texasniteowl and PeterSkan

FEDERATION CUP BRACKET AND DEADLINE:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...NUSFEDCUPF.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Saturday at 2 PM local(USA: 8 AM EST - 5 AM PST)

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at:http://www.talkabouttennis.com/conte...18allpicks.htm
    Last edited by James7; 11-08-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Re: Predictions : Week of 111218

so we are not predicting the Next Gen tourney at all? Kind of relieved, I guess. So nothing is due until Fed Cup this Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    so we are not predicting the Next Gen tourney at all? Kind of relieved, I guess. So nothing is due until Fed Cup this Saturday?
    We don't normally do predictions on exhibitions.

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    Yes
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

The form for the WTF has been prepared now.
    I disapprove of this message

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Bump...12 hours before Fed final due.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Bump...London due in 6 hours.

Picks are up

Forum Director
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Asteroids Champion, 123 GO Champion, Ball Of Madness Champion, Solitare Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Yeti Sports 8- Jungle Swing Champion, Putt it in Golf Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, mahjong Champion, 247 Mini Golf Champion, Flash Golf Champion, Battleship Champion, Yahtzee Champion, Slingo Para-Dice Champion, Archery Champion dryrunguy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, it looks like atlpam missed the deadline, putting mysterX in the top 8 as alternate. Looking at the picks among the top 8, everyone picked Djokovic and Federer to win their RR matches, everyone picked Cilic to beat Isner, everyone picked Nishikori to beat Thiem, and everyone picked Djokovic to beat Federer in the final. That leaves four RR matches with disagreement:

Zverev vs Cilic (Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev)
    Zverev vs Isner (tenedab and dry have Isner)
    Anderson vs Thiem (Anderson just won, FEBravo and mysterX had Thiem)
    Anderson vs Nishikori (tenedab has Anderson)

For the semis:

tenedab has Anderson making the semis
    mysterX has Thiem making the semis
    Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev making the semis while the rest of us have Cilic; in fact, Omega, Miles, and Drop have the exact same picks across the board. If they are right about Zverev winning two RR matches, those will be the medalists.

If they are wrong or partially wrong, then it gets wild. Fascinating.
    Rest in peace, Lizbeth Rivera (1988-2018).

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

All eight of you picked Fed to go undefeated through to final? Boring! That's where I would have gone for separation...but my picks usually wind up the most unique.

I'd make fun of everyone taking Nole too but that just seems too inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by dryrunguy View Post
    So, it looks like atlpam missed the deadline, putting mysterX in the top 8 as alternate. Looking at the picks among the top 8, everyone picked Djokovic and Federer to win their RR matches, everyone picked Cilic to beat Isner, everyone picked Nishikori to beat Thiem, and everyone picked Djokovic to beat Federer in the final. That leaves four RR matches with disagreement:

Zverev vs Cilic (Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev)
    Zverev vs Isner (tenedab and dry have Isner)
    Anderson vs Thiem (Anderson just won, FEBravo and mysterX had Thiem)
    Anderson vs Nishikori (tenedab has Anderson)

For the semis:

tenedab has Anderson making the semis
    mysterX has Thiem making the semis
    Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev making the semis while the rest of us have Cilic; in fact, Omega, Miles, and Drop have the exact same picks across the board. If they are right about Zverev winning two RR matches, those will be the medalists.

If they are wrong or partially wrong, then it gets wild. Fascinating.
    This is what happens when you’re travelling and out of your normal routine - good luck everyone!
    My Happy Place

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Only 1 person had Nishikori over Fed...I wasn't right about much this year in predictions, so I'll take my day 1 lead and forget the rest of the year. I'm also the only one with him not making the semis.

Meanwhile, almost everyone had the right Fed Cup winning team, but only Dave G correctly called it 3-0.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 11-11-2018 at 06:38 PM.