Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: ATP M1000 Paris 10/29 - 11/4/2018

Huge jump up the rankings for Khachanov. He was #26 going into Moscow, where he won the title. He's up to #12 in the live rankings now.

Great couple of months for him. Wertheim listed him as "The best player casual fans have never heard of" before the US Open. Then he had a great match against Nadal, then "ZOMG he looks like a Hemsworth," now close to the top ten. I hope he has a good agent. There's probably some good sponsorship opportunities available.

I laughed at Zverev's bitchy comments after being destroyed by Khachanov. He said something about everyone knowing the Paris winner is often a surprise because all the top players are tired. It's not wrong, but doesn't excuse a 6-1 6-2 scoreline. With Tsitsipas and now Khachanov, I think he hates losing to other young guns.

I "like" the logic. ALL the top players are tired. I am a top player. I am tired.
    Somehow, Roger and Novak are therefore not top players.
    He has become such a whinny little B.
    Starry starry night

He's a whiny talented little B but if he doesn't realze he needs to do more and improve his game he'll soon have other things to worry about.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Sunday, November 04, 2018 Day 9

Court Central 12:15 Pm

F
    Marcel Granollers/Rajeev Ram VS Jean-Julien Rojer/Horia Tecau
    Not Before 3:00 Pm
    F

Karen Khachanov VS (2) Novak Djokovic
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Congrats to Karen, played a wonderful match against Novak. Sure he was probably a tad tired today after the match against Roger, but not so much that he couldn't muster some energy to win if the opponent wasn't so difficult. Karen came out with a good plan and executed it really well.

As for Zverev. Such a whiny brat, he's fast losing time for me and others to think of him differently anytime soon. Quite a contrast to Thiem, who also got beat soundly by Khachanov, but wished Karen good luck and told him to take the title.

Karen Khachanov Mens Singles Champion
    via AFP, AP

They did not drop a set

And apparently this is the first time they've played together. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post
    He's a whiny talented little B but if he doesn't realze he needs to do more and improve his game he'll soon have other things to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    As for Zverev. Such a whiny brat, he's fast losing time for me and others to think of him differently anytime soon. Quite a contrast to Thiem, who also got beat soundly by Khachanov, but wished Karen good luck and told him to take the title.
    Says the two unapologetic Serena defenders.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

After Nole's over the top celebration in the semi, glad to see him eat some humble pie on a Sunday afternoon in Paris.ion
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

RESULTS
    Singles - Final
    K. Khachanov (RUS)
    d [2] N. Djokovic (SRB) 75 64

Doubles - Final

M. Granollers (ESP) / R. Ram (USA)
    d J. Rojer (NED) / H. Tecau (ROU) 64 64