Agree Agree:  17
Likes Likes:  13
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Re: WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai 10/30-11/5 2018

The Hengqin Life WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai’s 12-player singles field includes 10 of the WTA's Top 20 players, in addition to one wildcard awarded to China’s No.2 ranked player, Zhang Shuai. The players will compete in four round robin groups of three, with the winners of each group advancing to the semifinals. The six doubles teams will be split into two round robin groups, with the winner of each advancing to the final.

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Doubles Round Robin

LILY GROUP

Buzarnescu, Mhaela/Rosolska, Alicja
    Aoyama, Shuko/Marozava, Lidzja
    Tang, Qianhul/XUN, Fang Ying

BOUGAINVILLEA GROUP

Kato, Miyu/Ninomaya, Makoto
    Kichenok, Lyudmyla/Kichenok, Nadiia
    Jiang, Xinyu/Yang, Zhaoxuan

Pictures from the Player's Party/Player's Night (not sure of the official name).

Wang Qiang

Aryna Sabalenka

Anastasija Sevastova

Garbine Muguruza

MUCH better by Sabalenka!
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Posting this separate since it's not anything official. Daria Kasatkina in Zhuhai and going to Player's Night, but in a different setting.

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    The Hengqin Life WTA Elite Trophy Zhuhai’s 12-player singles field includes 10 of the WTA's Top 20 players, in addition to one wildcard awarded to China’s No.2 ranked player, Zhang Shuai. The players will compete in four round robin groups of three, with the winners of each group advancing to the semifinals. The six doubles teams will be split into two round robin groups, with the winner of each advancing to the final.
    So the runners up tournament has a round robin for doubles, but the tour championships have a single elimination? The WTA makes strange decisions.

More from Player's Night

Julia Goerges

Elise Mertens

Madison Keys

Anett Kontaveit

Madison went shopping without her seeing dog?!
    (And I usually like what she wears. Maybe she took Goerges with her?)
    Starry starry night

Anett Kontaveit looks like a young Annette Bening there.

I was okay with Goerges until the shoes. I mean she usually schlepps around in sweats and sporting bedhead.

I have no words for Madison.

Also is it me or is the lighting really bad?
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

I think the stage or whatever it is definitely needed additional lights on the top part of the flower display. I don't think it would have helped make Madison look better or anything, but definitely dimmer than it ought to be for pictures.

My biggest issue with Julia is really her hair and whatever that thing is around her waist. I'm not crazy about the outfit, but if she had put effort into her hair, I do think she would've come off better overall. Same goes for Garbine.

There's no helping Madison here.

A young Annette Bening never occurred to me. But she reminded me a tad of Rachel McAdams in this pic.

Significantly better look at Garbine's dress. Up close it looks completely different and more like something she'd wear. Still not my favorite, but much more fashionable than the first image suggests. And I still want a different hairstyle with this dress.

cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Significantly better look at Garbine's dress. Up close it looks completely different and more like something she'd wear. Still not my favorite, but much more fashionable than the first image suggests. And I still want a different hairstyle with this dress.

She looks like an air hostess

It's the hair parted down the middle that throws the outfit off like Jazz said.

Weird pictures - they emphasize flowers instead of players...
    Roger forever

Johanna Konta via IG/FB

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast