Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  8
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 46 to 58 of 58
  1. #46

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel


    Kevin Anderson Singles Champion Vienna
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb




  2. #47
    cock of the clay
    Awards Showcase

    liam_valid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Liverpool UK
    Posts
    2,506

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Quote Originally Posted by Ti-Amie View Post

    Kevin Anderson Singles Champion Vienna
    I was shocked this morning to discover he was 7/4 with a lot of bookies to win the match and Kei was the big favourite. I got 6-1 for the Anderson straight sets win and it was the easiest money Iíve ever made I think

  3. #48
    Everyday Warrior MJ2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,586

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Has anyone seen pictures of Roger eating pizza with the Basel ballkids? I can't find any shots from today.

  4. #49

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    Out of nowhere comes Roger to win #99
    Why out of nowhere? I figure him playing and probably winning Basel is something you could set a Swiss-made watch to. It's his 9th title there.

  5. #50

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    Why out of nowhere? I figure him playing and probably winning Basel is something you could set a Swiss-made watch to. It's his 9th title there.
    He's been in poor form for a while and his last title was 5 months ago.
    Roger forever

  6. #51
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

    ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    14,707

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Basel just supersedes current form.
    Thanks for the medal Johanna!

  7. #52
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,558

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Roger Federer at home in ANY form is nearly a given over the players he faced (Medvedev, Copil, Struff, Krajinovic and one of his favorite punching bags, Gilles Simon)


  8. #53
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,558

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    RESULTS
    Basel
    Singles - Final
    [1] R. Federer (SUI)
    d [Q] M. Copil (ROU) 76(5) 64

    Doubles - Final
    D. Inglot (GBR) / F. Skugor (CRO)
    d A. Zverev (GER) / M. Zverev (GER) 62 75

    Vienna
    Singles - Final
    [2] Kevin Anderson (RSA)
    d [5] Kei Nishikori (JPN) 63 76(3)

    Doubles - Final
    Joe Salisbury/Neal Skupski (GBR/GBR)
    d. Mike Bryan/Edouard Roger-Vasselin (USA/FRA) 76(5) 63


  9. #54
    Everyday Warrior MJ2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    3,586

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    Has anyone seen pictures of Roger eating pizza with the Basel ballkids? I can't find any shots from today.
    Found some:
    https://twitter.com/rogerfederer/sta...45236271669248

  10. #55

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Quote Originally Posted by mmmm8 View Post
    Roger Federer at home in ANY form is nearly a given over the players he faced (Medvedev, Copil, Struff, Krajinovic and one of his favorite punching bags, Gilles Simon)
    Actually Simon won the first 2 times they faced each other, in 2008 when Simon had his 15 minutes of semi-high ranking and Federer was having an off year. Roger didn't notch a win until 2011. Since then he has won 6 additional matches for a 7-2 H2H. There are other players (Kohlschreiber, Ferrer come to mind) who would better fit the punching bag label.

  11. #56

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Fun fact: Nishikori has lost 9 finals in a row
    I don't deny myself bread. I have bread every day.

  12. #57
    Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

    ptmcmahon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    14,707

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Doesn't sound too fun for him!

  13. #58
    Director of Nothing
    Forum Moderator

    Awards Showcase

    mmmm8's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    50,558

    Re: ATP M500 Wien, Basel

    Quote Originally Posted by mysterX View Post
    Actually Simon won the first 2 times they faced each other, in 2008 when Simon had his 15 minutes of semi-high ranking and Federer was having an off year. Roger didn't notch a win until 2011. Since then he has won 6 additional matches for a 7-2 H2H. There are other players (Kohlschreiber, Ferrer come to mind) who would better fit the punching bag label.
    I rembembered Simon's wins. I think that's WHY one Federer figured him out, he likes to beat him. That was my motivation for that moniker, although Federer does have them on rotation.


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •