Agree Agree:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 Oscars

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Re: 2019 Oscars

Didn't need trade sites for BlacKkKlansman. It was widely released. Just did not see it, so didn't mention it.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    Didn't need trade sites for BlacKkKlansman. It was widely released. Just did not see it, so didn't mention it.
    Yes, it got a wide release, but BlacKkKlansman dominated the trades in May during Cannes, not in August when it got it's theatrical release. And I mentioned that as an example because film festivals were asked about.

The far right is quite upset that in First Man there isn't an actual scene of the flag being planted on the moon. Buffoons.

At times it's quite an extraordinary movie. The film language it uses is largely borrowed from the Brad Pitt section of Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life.

There is a character moment at the end of the film that blew me away but can't be discussed until everyone has seen it.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

BlacKkKlansman is a solid movie, and will get nominated in spots but if the other prestige movies for the remaining of the year are as good as they're supposed to be, it will be largely forgotten or ignored.
    Towel Avatar, do your thing!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    The far right is quite upset that in First Man there isn't an actual scene of the flag being planted on the moon. Buffoons.

At times it's quite an extraordinary movie. The film language it uses is largely borrowed from the Brad Pitt section of Terrence Malick's The Tree of Life.

There is a character moment at the end of the film that blew me away but can't be discussed until everyone has seen it.
    I saw it. The film surprised me. It was so personal and intimate. I liked that. Also, it nicely captured the claustrophobic feel of being in those pods.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12