Agree Agree:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Davis Cup 2019 Draws, OoP & Discussion

PRESS RELEASE
    6 February 2019

Draws announced for Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Groups I and II

The ITF has today announced the 2019 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Group I and II ties, following the draw at the ITF Offices in London.

The Groups were allocated on Monday 4 February, according to the latest Davis Cup Nations Ranking. All Group I ties will be played in September, while the Group II home nations now have five days to confirm whether their tie will take place in April or September.

The 12 Group I winners will advance to the 2020 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Qualifiers, the 12 Group I losers will compete in the Group action in 2020.

The format will remain unchanged from the trials introduced in 2018, with ties being made up of four singles rubbers and one doubles rubber contested over two days.

Speaking at the draw, ITF President David Haggerty said: "The nations competing in the Davis Cup Group ties will put it all on the line as they look to move up the Davis Cup ladder. Competing for your country remains a special privilege enjoyed by a select few. I have no doubt that the players will compete with intense pride and passion in the April and September Davis Cup ties."

Group I

Americas Group I

Brazil (1) (c) (*) v Barbados
    Venezuela (c) v Ecuador (2)
    Uruguay (c) v Dominican Republic (3)

Asia/Oceania Group I

Pakistan (c) v India (1)
    Lebanon (c) (*) v Uzbekistan (2)
    China (3) (c) v Korea, Rep.

Europe/Africa Group I

Bosnia and Herzegovina (c) (*) v Czech Republic (1)
    Sweden (2) (c) v Israel
    Finland (c) v Austria (3)
    Hungary (4) (c) v Ukraine
    Slovakia (c) (*) v Switzerland (5)
    Belarus (c) v Portugal (6)

Group II

Americas Group II

El Salvador (c) v Peru (1)
    Paraguay (c) v Mexico (2)
    Guatemala (3) (c) v Bolivia

Asia/Oceania Group II

Thailand (1) (c) v Philippines
    Indonesia (c) v New Zealand (2)
    Hong Kong, China (c) v Chinese Taipei (3)

Europe/Africa Group II

Romania (1) (c) v Zimbabwe
    South Africa (2) (c) v Bulgaria
    Denmark (3) (c) v Turkey
    Morocco (c) v Lithuania (4)
    Egypt (5) (c) v Slovenia
    Norway (6) (c) (*) v Georgia

[#] = seed
    [c] = choice of ground[*] = choice of ground decided by lot

PRESS RELEASE
    12 February 2019

Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Finals Draw to be streamed live

The draw ceremony for the Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Finals will be held on Thursday 14 February at 19.00 CET and will be streamed live on the Davis Cup Finals website and official social channels.

The ceremony, which will last approximately 45 minutes, will also be broadcast internationally by over 30 TV channels including in Italy, Chile, Australia, Colombia, Serbia, Slovakia, Argentina, Singapore, Netherlands, China, the entire region of the Middle East and the Gulf and other South American regions.

The 18 Davis Cup Finalist nations will discover who they will meet in the group phase of the Davis Cup Finals, played at the Region of Madrid’s La Caja Magica on 18-24 November. The winners of the six groups and the two second best runners-up will then advance to the knockout stage.

Captains in attendance will be invited to participate in the draw - among them former players with great Davis Cup and professional records such as Argentine Gastón Gaudio, the 2004 Roland Garros champion, and former world No. 4 and 2001 Davis Cup champion Sébastien Grosjean of France.

In addition to the ITF President David Haggerty and Gerard Piqué, Kosmos’ Founder and President, both Ángel Garrido, President of the Region of Madrid, and Manuela Carmena, Mayor of Madrid, will also attend the draw ceremony.

Davis Cup by BNP Paribas is the World Cup of Tennis. It is the largest annual international team competition in sport, with 133 nations entered in 2019. The competition is 119 years old, having been founded in 1900. In 2019, 18 nations will compete in the new Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Finals at the iconic La Caja Magica in Madrid, Spain on 18-24 November. The 12 winning nations from the Qualifiers in February will join the 2018 semifinalists plus two wild card nations in the Davis Cup season finale.

David Law
    ‏@DavidLawTennis
    Davis Cup Finals draw.

Group A
    France
    Serbia
    Japan

Group B
    Croatia
    Spain
    Russia

Group C
    Argentina
    Germany
    Chile

Group D
    Belgium
    Australia
    Colombia

Group E
    Great Britain
    Kazakhstan
    Netherlands

Group F
    USA
    Italy
    Canada
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Davis Cup Madrid Finals
    ‏Verified account
    @DavisCupFinals

Davis Cup Finals Group Stage �� ��

"Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123