Agree Agree:  14
Likes Likes:  15
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Re: '18 USO Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    The Uniqlo curse continues.

Seriously, imo Fed is done. He won't be winning any more majors, and to count on him being in the later Slam rounds is unrealistic.

He hasn't replicated the level he was at during the first 6 months of 2017 since. He had a good run this year at the AO but the let's face it- the draw and scheduling were both very kind. That victory felt very much like a last hurrah to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'd tend to agree given his age, but how many times have we buried him only to revive?
    Meet again we do, old foe...

'18 USO Day 8 OoP & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    I'd tend to agree given his age, but how many times have we buried him only to revive?
    This is my first time calling it. Happy to be wrong, but it's felt that way all year to me (not that we've seen that much of him).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MJ2004 View Post
    The Uniqlo curse continues.
    I know you're joking, but I keep looking at every thing Uniqlo on him with disdain and a poor decision on his part despite the money. His night one this USO was the worst yet (who thought maroon coloring with red patches was a good idea?), and that was before last night when it was hanging off him with seemingly little wicking abilities. Watching DelPo in his Nike wear today in what has to be the worst day of the tournament and seeing the Nike gear hold up better in this heat, humidity, and dew point than their competitors makes me wonder if Federer is finally wondering if that was a good move.
    Last edited by JazzNU; 09-04-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    I know you're joking, but I keep looking at every thing Uniqlo on him with disdain and a poor decision on his part despite the money. His night one this USO was the worst yet (who thought maroon coloring with red patches was a good idea?), and that was before last night when it was hanging off him with seemingly little wicking abilities. Watching DelPo in his Nike wear today in what has to be the worst day of the tournament and seeing the Nike gear hold up better in this heat, humidity, and dew point than their competitors makes me wonder if Federer is finally wondering if that was a good move.
    I agree - not all tech fabrics are created equal. The Nike and Fila kits have definitely been looking "cooler" than some of the others.
    My Happy Place

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456