Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2018 USO Skan Contest

That analysis actually gives me some hope! I thought I had no chance given the fact that Windsongs and I have the exact same four players in the same order, and she/he has almost 100 points more than me.

C'mon Osaka!

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Looking good for TennisAnyone74. Osaka's win over Keys vaults her into the lead. Not sure if there's a team out there with delPo that might win if he takes the title on Sunday. None of the scenarios that Grav outlined for Windsongs to win the Skan are in play.
    TIHBS TIHBW

Avatar --> Politician 1: Philosopher King

Updated analysis from Graveller - it seems an Osaka loss and Delpo win snags the Crown away from TA74

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So the race is not over yet... Iceprincess got within 200 points of tennis anyone; Keys and Nadal lost a lot of points for tennisanyone.

So it is now all clear: If Osaka wins this evening, then tennisanyone wins too. If not, it will be DelPo who decides: a win by the argentinian would give the Skan to Iceprincess in that case.
    TIHBS TIHBW

TA74 was the only contestant with Osaka on her team, and that carried her to victory. Here's the winning team ...

Point Contribution

D V Q Total

Nadal 94 190 30 314
    Serena 282 320 56 658
    Djokovic 221 530 49 800
    Keys 102 190 7 299
    Raonic 23 60 0 83
    Osaka 77 530 34 641

Total 799 1820 176 2795

Congratulations, TA. I might add that TA has played virtually every Skan since its inception. I'll have to check the record but I think this might be her first outright victory. Is that right, TA?

Persistence paid off!
    TIHBS TIHBW

Yes! After ALL of these years, this is my first victory, although I think I've been on the podium two or three times!

TA
    My Beloved Mother

Congrats TA! Hope you get a wonderful prize!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12