Agree Agree:  3
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: 2018 THRNY: Red, White and Blue Lounge

I thought to myself...don't mention Svitolina's match since she was playing Buzarnescu who I have. She didn't win another game, and was wheeled off the court. Self-jinx powers in full force.

Think I'm down to two people now (Halep/Woz.) Anyone have a lot of people left still?
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

Ugh....Kerber crashed out BIG TIME, so much for her being well rested after Wimbledon... now watch Wozniacki go off and win the tournament. It would be just my luck.

The draw gods are really having a laugh at me...4 of my players are facing each other...in first round of qualifying

The Montreal final is a player I traded out vs the player I traded in. See if it was a good move. Of course if I had kept Stephens and dropped Woz instead, that would have been ever better.

Same here!
    Meet again we do, old foe...

I'll save contest staff the trouble of adding up all my points this week. I got 2

EDIT: No it's not! Bencic got in as a LL in Halep's spot! Even if she loses right away that'll at least quadruple my score.
    Last edited by ptmcmahon; 08-20-2018 at 11:58 PM.

I just realized how my A team, outside of trading Halep in, has been totally useless so far. 23 points from my other two spots so far.

Kasatkina was a total wasted move for me. 17 points total over three tournaments, and she skipped New Haven which she was originally going to play. Even worse, her contest cost was so low I couldn't afford to drop her once I had her in!

I have no idea if it's even possible, doubtful given how much my team sucked this year, but when Krunic was up a set over Maddie, I had visions of her making the final and making an epic comeback to medal in THRNY.

Sabalenka is personally killing me...think this is the fifth time I've lost a player to her this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by ptmcmahon View Post
    Sabalenka is personally killing me...think this is the fifth time I've lost a player to her this contest.
    Meanwhile, she is my MVP.
    2017 & 2018 Australian Open Champions

Fortunately no on else had her, although NE Nightmare did add her this week. But with Kvitova losing I'm pretty sure I'm done...assuming I needed a Kvtivoa-Sloane final to have any small hope of a chance.

The Bertens - Kerber combo killed me probably. Plus the fact that I traded Osaka OUT for one of them.
    Meet again we do, old foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Drop-shot View Post
    The Bertens - Kerber combo killed me probably. Plus the fact that I traded Osaka OUT for one of them.
    Me too. Who knew?

Hmm, maybe I can fool myself into thinking everyone traded out Osaka and I'm the only one left with her then!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast