Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Figure Skating - 2019

Getting the new season started with some tragic news.

Olympic figure skating medalist Denis Ten killed

MOSCOW -- Prosecutors in Kazakhstan say Olympic figure skating medallist Denis Ten has been killed, and they are treating the case as murder.
    Kazakh news agencies report Ten was stabbed after a dispute with people who tried to steal a mirror from his car.
    Doctors in the city of Almaty say he died in hospital there. He was aged 25.
    Born in Kazakhstan to a family of Korean descent, Ten won bronze at the Winter Olympics in Sochi in 2014, becoming Kazakhstan's first medallist in figure skating.
    He also won the Four Continents championships the following year, and was a world championship silver medallist in 2013.
    Ten struggled with injuries in recent years and could manage only 27th at the Olympics in Pyeongchang in February.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/olympi...r&_gsc=mTmZVrQ

Re: Figure Skating - 2019

Denis Ten - 2013 World Championship Short Program

Denis Ten - 2013 World Championships - Free Skate - He can very close to winning the World Title with these performances - only one error across the two programs - a double flip.

Devastating news.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Very sad, always sad to lose a talented person, and so young yet. I wondered why I had not seen him on an entry list for awhile.

Philip Hersh
    ‏@olyphil

Denis Ten fought so hard and courageously through injuries to get to the 2018 Olympics in Korea, so he could honor his Korean heritage. It was a bittersweet moment as foot injuries made it a painful attempt that ended after the short program.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

This is terrible, and he was my compatriot

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

I was away from the news the last day or two and just read about this elsewhere. Horrifying!

May he rest in peace.

I just heard about this, what a tragedy, only 25 years young, so so sad.....