Agree Agree:  5
Likes Likes:  16
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Figure Skating - 2019

Julian Zhi Jie Yee - first skater from Malaysia on the Grand Prix Series.

The second half of 2018 is flying by for me. It's already time for Skate America??? Sheesh.

Anyway, I just checked, and if you're in the US, check NBC Sports if you're looking for TV coverage of Skate America and the Grand Prix series in general in the coming weeks. Men's Free Skate on at 6pm ET tonight and Women's Free Skate airing at 4pm tomorrow.

Thanks Jazz.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Both men's and women's skates were on NBCSN this past weekend. I know it's channel 220 on DirecTV but am not sure what the channel numbers are for other providers. I assume they'll have the rest of the coverage this year too.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Coverage for the figure skating season is split between NBC and NBC Sports. Live coverage is more likely to be on NBCSN than main NBC. Here's a link if you need a reference for the rest of the season.

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/...-schedule-nbc/

In terms of what channel NBC Sports is on your system, Wiki includes channels for several of the national providers -

Dish - 159
    AT&T U-Verse - 640(SD)/1640 (HD)
    Verizon Fios - 90(SD)/590 (HD)

Xfinity is not listed on Wiki, but try 68 (SD) and 408 (HD).

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Skate America Pairs is reairing in the Olympic Channel, #389 on DISH, starting at 5PM PDT today 10/22

Head Cheese
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

I'd say we have it covered. LOL.
    Oh Grigor. You silly man.

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

SKATE CANADA starts tomorrow afternoon in Quebec, CAN.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpcan2018/

Quote Originally Posted by kandi View Post
    SKATE CANADA starts tomorrow afternoon in Quebec, CAN.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/gpcan2018/
    It's in Laval, a suburb of Montreal.

Thanks for correcting that, Skatingfan. However, I feel really stupid about that location. Having just been through Quebec City and Montreal less than 2 weeks ago, I still saw that and thought, "oh, it's in that arena by Quebec City." Over many years, I have been to skating events in Ottawa, Montreal (or Laval), and Quebec City. The events in all 3 were always brilliantly well-run, as well as being well-attended, and well-supported. I'm sure any of you who go will have a great time.

By the way, since I was driving through that area, I will tell you that driving on the highways right in Montreal was profoundly confusing and messy, with tons of construction going on. So if you drive there, study the maps ahead of time, and be vigilant and careful.

GH

Québec City is one of my favorite places in North America.
    "Even if you dance for your enemy on the rock, he will accuse you of splashing water on him." ~ African Proverb

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

Sorry about the quick location in Quebec, I was thinking in time zones to find out if they were 2 or 3 hours ahead of me in WA State, -- Unable to find live TV coverage. will air here Monday evening --

I am following live scoreboard right now of Men's SP. Nam Nguyen and Jason Brown coming up. Link to scoreboardL http://www.isuresults.com/results/se...018/SEG001.HTM

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

I was fortunate enough to catch the airing of the Men's Free Skate from Helsinki tonight. The prize was Yusuru Hanyu's skate -- just wow. While not perfet (nobody is) he was good enough to win Gold by a lot of points, I hope we have him around for a long time yet. Twice World Champion, twice Olympic Gold - why not try for three?

Media Relations
    Awards Showcase

The NHK Trophy is in progress, from Hiroshima, Japan. Shoma Uno leads the Men's event after the SP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast