Agree Agree:  7
Likes Likes:  9
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2018 Emmy Noms & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    Nothing for Twin Peaks??
    Maybe Twin Peaks could win a wildcard like Maria could?
    Old News= Madison Brengle. New News- It's All About Amanda Fink Chichi Scholl, FULL CIRCLE OF LIFE MADISON BRENGLE BABY!!!!!!!!

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

Quote Originally Posted by the Moz View Post
    Nothing for Twin Peaks??
    I don't think it got nominated for anything.

Senior Staff
    Forum Moderator

Awards Showcase

The problem for me is there are so many platforms to watch these shows on. I mean, where does it end.

There is network tv, basic cable, movie channels, specialty cable (like Audience network), Hulu, Amazon, Netflix, etc.

So, most nights, I just watch movies and maybe binge watch the occasional odd show that catches my eye. For example, Mr. Mercedes. Binge-watched the first season - very good; watching the second season - not so good.

My attention span isn't strong enough for most shows. Mostly I watch movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JazzNU View Post
    Not a fan of plenty of these people winning. But thrilled for Regina who I've loved since 227. She can play literally any role and doesn't get nearly enough attention for the excellence she pulls off in every kind of role.

And while I will hold on to my bitterness, and hold on to it strongly, for The Americans never winning for Best Drama and Keri Russell never winning Best Actress and all three being snubbed for entirely too long on just getting nominations while recognizing and rewarding Margo Martindale, I am beyond thrilled for Matthew Rhys for his most deserving Best Actor win. And with a speech to make you love him even more.
    You took the words right out of my mouth. I kept my recording of The American's last episode and will watch it again with the appreciation for them finally getting some recognition for acting and writing. Just wish Keri could have joined them.
    "A friend knows how to allow for mere quantity in your talk, and will only reply to the quality." William Dean Howells

Quote Originally Posted by shtexas View Post
    I don't think it got nominated for anything.
    Lots of technical noms, also Directing Limited Series for Lynch and Writing Limited Series for Lynch & Frost.

Lynch lost the directing Emmy to that twat Ryan Murphy and I can't be bothered to see who Lynch/Frost lost to for writing
    25 GRAND SLAM TITLES: 5 SINGLES 13 DOUBLES 7 MIXED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12