Agree Agree:  11
Likes Likes:  19
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Re: '18 Wimby Day 4 OoP & Discussion

I think Ti-Amie follows Serena more than anyone else around here. I'm inclined to trust her on this...
    Roger forever

Quote Originally Posted by suliso View Post
    I think Ti-Amie follows Serena more than anyone else around here. I'm inclined to trust her on this...
    For the record, I hope Ti-Amie is right

The shorter points and rest day in between matches are helpful, but we have no idea if Serena can physically handle 7 matches in one tournament, regardless of the competition. That unanswered question would be just as valid if she were playing a 100k Challenger tournament.

We'll see! I think she's aware that this is her best chance to add to her haul, and I suspect she'd be willing to take some health risks.

'18 Wimby Day 4 OoP & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    The shorter points and rest day in between matches are helpful, but we have no idea if Serena can physically handle 7 matches in one tournament, regardless of the competition. That unanswered question would be just as valid if she were playing a 100k Challenger tournament.
    I think she can handle 7 matches because she knows what that takes, snd she wouldnít play if she wasnt ready for it. Her first three matches havenít been too taxing. I think she will hold up. But a lot of people are playing well. I donít think she is the favorite. Makarova has had Serenaís number in the past. I wouldnt be surprised if she or someone like Vekic, Van Utyvanck or Barty strings together a few more wins. Maybe Osaka. Maybe itís crazy to think they could go all the way in their first time going deep in a Slam draw. I think Halep is still the favorite. Kerber has done well here the last two years, too.

I wonder if Halep is playing with almost no pressure. Everyone is talking about Serena and all the upsets. Halep is flying under the radar, from where I sit.
    Last edited by MeganFernandez; 07-06-2018 at 09:28 PM.
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I think she can handle 7 matches because she knows what that takes, and she wouldn’t play if she wasnt ready for it. Her first three matches haven’t been too taxing. I think she will hold up. But a lot of people are playing well. I don’t think she is the favorite. Makarova has had Serena’s number in the past. I wouldnt be surprised if she or someone like Vekic, Van Utyvanck or Barty strings together a few more wins. Maybe Osaka. Maybe it’s crazy to think they could go all the way in their first time going deep in a Slam draw. I think Halep is still the favorite. Kerber has done well here the last two years, too.

I wonder if Halep is playing with almost no pressure. Everyone is talking about Serena and all the upsets. Halep is flying under the radar, from where I sit.
    That's where we see it differently. She knows Wimbledon is her best shot, and she only has a few left. I think she absolutely would play even without being completely ready. I think Serena and her whole team are keeping their fingers crossed that she doesn't strain or pull or overexert something.

Totally agree that Halep has a much better shot than we all would have guessed a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganFernandez View Post
    I think she can handle 7 matches because she knows what that takes, snd she wouldn’t play if she wasnt ready for it. Her first three matches haven’t been too taxing. I think she will hold up. But a lot of people are playing well. I don’t think she is the favorite. Makarova has had Serena’s number in the past. I wouldnt be surprised if she or someone like Vekic, Van Utyvanck or Barty strings together a few more wins. Maybe Osaka. Maybe it’s crazy to think they could go all the way in their first time going deep in a Slam draw. I think Halep is still the favorite. Kerber has done well here the last two years, too.

Halep is probably enjoying the no attention of the week despite winning the French
    2018 WTA French Open Champion, Australian Open runner-up and winner in WTA player of month voting for January

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie02123 View Post
    That's where we see it differently. She knows Wimbledon is her best shot, and she only has a few left. I think she absolutely would play even without being completely ready. I think Serena and her whole team are keeping their fingers crossed that she doesn't strain or pull or overexert something.
    Youíre probably right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345