Agree Agree:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contests
    Awards Showcase

Blog Entries

Re: 2018 Wimbledon YCWJ: Scoreboard/Lounge

I didn't even realize I was doing okay at something for a change.

It'll fall apart soon enough.
    I disapprove of this message

James7 and Ribbons continue to lead with 38 and 37 points, respectively. Tolulops is now in third two points behind them, and PeterSkan posted the highest score (and only double digit score) of the round with 10 points.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Tolulops stormed into the lead on Manic Monday, and is now two points ahead of James7 and six ahead of anyone else with a pick left. Only three contestants have multiple picks remaining, and only tolulops has more than two.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

All of the top of the scoreboard from the fourth round lost their picks in the quarterfinals. Now ptmcmahon is the highest-scoring contestant with a pick remaining, but still stands 8 points behind the lead. He and anyone else who has a chance will need to have picked a wooden spoon winner to pass tolulops in first. Here are your scenarios:

Ptmcmahon takes the medal if Djokovic loses in the men's final. Barring that,

Texasniteowl wins if Ostapenko loses in the women's final, and

MysterX wins if Goerges loses in the women's final.

If none of those three events occur, tolulops will have held on to the lead.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Slightly Less of a Loser
    Awards Showcase

Wow...two rounds ago I was down to 1 pick and out of the top 10 and had sort of stopped paying attention. Is Djokovic actually the favorite in his semifinal? I find that a little surprising.
    A Canadian Slam winner? Inconceivable!

So I'm now certain to end up 34th of the 37 competitors. My dream of back-to-back top 30 finishes fell short due to 2 factors:

1. There were more than 30 entrants.

2. I really, really, really, suck at YCWJ.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by GlennHarman View Post
    So I'm now certain to end up 34th of the 37 competitors. My dream of back-to-back top 30 finishes fell short due to 2 factors:

1. There were more than 30 entrants.

2. I really, really, really, suck at YCWJ.

GH
    Tell me about it. I've been running this contest for over 10 years now and I still can't figure it out.
    Go Pack Go!

After the semifinals, things are simple. If Djokovic wins the men's final, tolulops is our champion. If Anderson wins, ptmcmahon takes the medal, courtesy of Albert Ramos-Vinolas.

There is one other contestant with a pick still remaining. Dollymix has Irina-Camelia Begu, represented by Serena in the final. So if Kerber wins the women's final, she will have picked a wooden spoon winner.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Congratulations, tolulops! A final pick tracker and scoreboard have been uploaded, and a final recap will follow in a separate thread.

Pick Tracker
    Scoreboard
    Go Pack Go!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12